2nd and 3rd cam choice ?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think so Yes.

Luckily I found this forum after buying 3 cams online and starting to mess around. Those 3 Amcrest cameras while they look good in broad daylight absolutely suck at night.

Then I read and bought two 5231R-Zs and because of a post on here two 4431R-Z. Yes, there is a very big difference between the 5231 and 4431 at night even for this new guy. It is seriously night and day difference. I got the 4431s because I realized quickly that the adjustable zoom was very handy in mounting cameras. The 4431 cameras have great video in daylight.

I'm slowly replacing those Amcrest Cameras but I know much more now that I have a selection of cameras. I'm getting a 4231EM-AS to replace one of my 5231s because I could get it with a fixed lens close to what I have the zoom set at. That will allow me to move the 5231 to another location. I will not buy another camera that doesn't perform at least as well as the starlights. I was also the guy that thought I'd be spending $70-100 per camera...and it's just not worth it.

The 4431R-Z cameras I got are really nice cameras minus the low light. They aren't BAD, but unfortunately once you see what a better camera can do they look bad. They work and are great cameras...never mind the fact that the chinese firmware reverted itself to chinese and they always want to connect to servers back in china. I had to block them from accessing the internet... I'm just not in the mood to fuss with stuff like that. I've just decided I'm buying good cameras from now on and I'll spend the extra money.

I started this about a month ago. Trust me...what you read on here is correct. I started with the cheap cameras....I've upgraded. I started with wide angle views...I've zoomed and added more cameras. I think every new person needs to get one cheap camera and one good camera. Then make your own mind up.

And Andy on here has been nothing but fantastic.