2nd Chinese Wireless Camera NVR Kit

KwikWits

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay,

This is my 2nd try at getting a wireless camera setup working. My 1st attempt is sin components around the house unable to connect with each other.. but more on that at the bottom in parenthesis. Let's deal with this 2nd NVR first if possible..

My Goal is to set this new one up so that I can view the cameras through Blue Iris either with or without the included NVR, whichever works.

Here is a link to the NVR Camera KIT

Please tell me if this is possible, and if so, how. Thanks in advance

(((((((((((((((I have a similar item I purchased that no longer works because I changed the SSID in the NVR from the factory setting without memorizing it. This instantly severed the connections with the wireless cameras, which I guess were programmed for that particular SSID. Simple solution would be to change the setting in the cameras right?...... but no way to communicate with the wireless cameras. They even have Ethernet dongles, but don't even show up when connected directly to switch or router. The NVR has no LAN ports. I can access the NVR just fine. They are not ONVIF compatible from my understanding and I don't have link to specs. The NVR came programmed to operate as a subnet but don't recall address.)))))))))))))))))

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay,

This is my 2nd try at getting a wireless camera setup working. My 1st attempt is sin components around the house unable to connect with each other.. but more on that at the bottom in parenthesis. Let's deal with this 2nd NVR first if possible..

My Goal is to set this new one up so that I can view the cameras through Blue Iris either with or without the included NVR, whichever works.

Here is a link to the NVR Camera KIT

Please tell me if this is possible, and if so, how. Thanks in advance

(((((((((((((((I have a similar item I purchased that no longer works because I changed the SSID in the NVR from the factory setting without memorizing it. This instantly severed the connections with the wireless cameras, which I guess were programmed for that particular SSID. Simple solution would be to change the setting in the cameras right?...... but no way to communicate with the wireless cameras. They even have Ethernet dongles, but don't even show up when connected directly to switch or router. The NVR has no LAN ports. I can access the NVR just fine. They are not ONVIF compatible from my understanding and I don't have link to specs. The NVR came programmed to operate as a subnet but don't recall address.)))))))))))))))))
if you keep buying junk you will have the same result...
avoid wifi..buy quality cameras...start reading the threads on the forum

KwikWits

n3wb
Reaction score
I have bean reading the forums, and clearly I have been unable to find the solution to my dilemma ergo I decided to post here. As far as buying "junk", perhaps my pockets aren't as deep as yours. Perhaps I was inspired by how MacGyver was able to accomplish so much with so little. I read analog cameras are now considered "junk" too, yet they reigned for decades as Hi-Tech. By the way, my system already has 8 4MP wired IP cams installed. I want to use the new cheap cameras as non-critical supplements.

I will keep scouring the forums. I do hope someone has actual advice on how to progress toward my stated goal

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have bean reading the forums, and clearly I have been unable to find the solution to my dilemma ergo I decided to post here. As far as buying "junk", perhaps my pockets aren't as deep as yours. Perhaps I was inspired by how MacGyver was able to accomplish so much with so little. I read analog cameras are now considered "junk" too, yet they reigned for decades as Hi-Tech. By the way, my system already has 8 4MP wired IP cams installed. I want to use the new cheap cameras as non-critical supplements.

I will keep scouring the forums. I do hope someone has actual advice on how to progress toward my stated goal
Junk has NOTHING to do with cost neither does MP rating plenty of junk 4mp cameras on the market. macgyver knew what he was doing - you dont.