2nd Harddrive not recognized...wow do I feel dumb...

Reaction score
I received my Dahua 5216-4KS2 (non-poe) yesterday and started to swap out my Dahua NVR4116-4KS2. I added the 2nd hard drive, powered it up (in my computer room) and all was well. Unplugged it, moved it to the front room, plugged it in, no second hard drive? WTH? Didn't make sense. Unplugged it, took it back to my computer room, rinse, repeat, same out come. Did this a few times, even removing the hard drive and re-formatting it. Finally when I moved it to the front room, I THOUGHT that my 4116 had the same power brick....NOPE. That was the problem the entire time. OMG did I feel dumb.

Regardless, if the posting of my 'brain-fart' helps one person, then it was worth it. :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received my Dahua 5216-4KS2 (non-poe) yesterday and started to swap out my Dahua NVR4116-4KS2. I added the 2nd hard drive, powered it up (in my computer room) and all was well. Unplugged it, moved it to the front room, plugged it in, no second hard drive? WTH? Didn't make sense. Unplugged it, took it back to my computer room, rinse, repeat, same out come. Did this a few times, even removing the hard drive and re-formatting it. Finally when I moved it to the front room, I THOUGHT that my 4116 had the same power brick....NOPE. That was the problem the entire time. OMG did I feel dumb.

Regardless, if the posting of my 'brain-fart' helps one person, then it was worth it. :)
I hear ya!

And anyone that says they never had something like that happen to them is either VERY blessed, never EVER attempts to do ANYTHING or ....is lying! :rolleyes: