2way audio support?

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many IP Cams are available with a 2way audio feature. Does BI support this real time feature?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have some hikvision cubes it worked with. I only used on iOS (there's a little mic icon). It stopped working a few months back and I haven't troubleshooted it yet.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would love to know how to get this working. Don't know if BI even supports the 2CD-2432-IW. I can hear fine from my phone, but can't talk back.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried everything I could think of to get 2-way audio working on the Android app, but without success. I recently got an iPhone and without changing anything else in my setup, the BI app on it did 2-way audio on my two 2432F cameras with no problem.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried everything I could think of to get 2-way audio working on the Android app, but without success. I recently got an iPhone and without changing anything else in my setup, the BI app on it did 2-way audio on my two 2432F cameras with no problem.
When using your I-phone did you experience any time delays in the audio transmission from the camera to your phone, or visa versa?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When using your I-phone did you experience any time delays in the audio transmission from the camera to your phone, or visa versa?
Seems like about a second of delay.

Trying it out, I wouldn't really call it 2-way audio. If I have the "headphone" icon selected I can hear audio from the camera only if the app's microphone icon is not selected. If I were trying to conduct a conversation with someone, it looks like I could have both icons active, but would have to turn off the app's mic in order to hear a response to something I said.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like about a second of delay.

Trying it out, I wouldn't really call it 2-way audio. If I have the "headphone" icon selected I can hear audio from the camera only if the app's microphone icon is not selected. If I were trying to conduct a conversation with someone, it looks like I could have both icons active, but would have to turn off the app's mic in order to hear a response to something I said.
does it work OK on your PC?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I run my BI server headless, so I've never tried.

taadz

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting thread, I would like to learn more about BI support for it. I have three Amcrest IP2M-841B that support the 2 way communication. Using the Amcrest PC or Iphone apps i can have conversation, a few second delay, quite easy. I downloaded BI and running in Demo mode on a windows PC and set it up with all 3 camera's. On the PC in can get the Audio from from the camera, but can't get audio to go to the camera. Same PC with Amcrest app works fine.
I see the icon's, i can press the headphone icon and hear just fine but with i press the microphone icon it will not stay green. If i hold the mouse button down on the icon it will stay green but now audio is transmitted. I'm to do some more testing later this week.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting thread, I would like to learn more about BI support for it. I have three Amcrest IP2M-841B that support the 2 way communication. Using the Amcrest PC or Iphone apps i can have conversation, a few second delay, quite easy. I downloaded BI and running in Demo mode on a windows PC and set it up with all 3 camera's. On the PC in can get the Audio from from the camera, but can't get audio to go to the camera. Same PC with Amcrest app works fine.
I see the icon's, i can press the headphone icon and hear just fine but with i press the microphone icon it will not stay green. If i hold the mouse button down on the icon it will stay green but now audio is transmitted. I'm to do some more testing later this week.
Let me know it you get it to work

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would love to know how to get this working. Don't know if BI even supports the 2CD-2432-IW. I can hear fine from my phone, but can't talk back.
I have this exact camera (two of them) and it worked for me for some time and somewhere along the way talking back to the camera didn't work any longer (from the iOS app). I didn't use that feature much so I never emailed support about it, but I assumed it was a bug, and judging by what I see here it may be. Someone should email support about it so it can get looked into if it's something you want fixed.