3 - 4 minutes of video missing in the middle of a saved clip

PMargis

n3wb
Reaction score
Need some help or assistance in what happened. I got a call from my wife today she said the local police were at my house. Seems a pervert was in the neighborhood exposing himself to kids at the park. The police saw we have cameras around the house and ask if we might have some video. I said give me a time and date and i will look. I told them I have a dedicated LPR camera, they got very excited. I was at work when they stopped by, so I log in on my phone and searched the videos and found the suspect and gave them the plate number. I had the vehicle coming and going. Plus on an overview camera the vehicle stopping at the park and the driver getting out of the SUV and walking to the park. Now the issue, the officer came by the house tonight to review the video and get copies. I had the video of the SUV arriving on my LPR camera and the overall view, but when i looked for the video of the SUV leaving no clip was present, but I saw the clip when i was at work earlier in the day. I record 24/7, so no problem I will look at the 1 hr clip and trip the slice of the SUV leaving and make a copy. To my dismay the time when the SUV left is missing. The missing Clip goes from approx 5:36 PM to 5:40PM. The missing clip is not at the end or beginning but in the last 3/4 of the clip.

So I want to know might I have accidentally deleted the 3 - 4 minutes, if so what might I have done to delete it , I want to learn so I do not do it again. Also any way to get the missing clip back, I searched the hard drive and my phone but can't find anything.

Thanks for any help or advice. I hope they nail the MF'R

Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is strange. Few things I can think of off the top of my head.
1) The camera lost connection to the network or failed to send a feed. In the record tab, do you have "record no signal or inactive frames" checked?
2) You database was regenerating at the time, however, this is unlikely as you would either have to manually initiate it or you would have specified that specific time in the clips tab which is unusual.
3) A blue iris issue. What version are you running? Have you tried exporting the entire clip to see if it appears?

Any chance you have an sd card in the cam that may have that footage?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I swear, real life incidents, frequently show me my camera game has weaknesses. Shit like this would happen to me on my first BI machine, and I really didn't know what I was doing at first.
I don't think you did anything to delete it from the BI app. ( it was a BI app right) or are you using an NVR too?

But the guys recommended a more stable platform, and I moved up in BI versions, and started using Dahua cams, and I set my fucking pre-record to 11. LOL 11 seconds. just because motion is a funny thing....
If your recording 24/7 in one hour Increments it oughta be there. how are the record settings?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is an example of my Settings. and I'm not having issues with lost portions of clips.
I'm not expert but I leave Continous + Alerts alone, because sometimes ( it seems) the alerts show up as a .jpg or some shit on the left column of " recent motions"
I don't fully understand Continous + alerts, and I get by with out it.

1663729451513.png1663729487449.png

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you saw the clip, perhaps you accidently deleted it. I’ve accidentally done that in the iOS app.
In BlueIris try changing the view to clips not triggers and flags then look.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is an example of my Settings. and I'm not having issues with lost portions of clips.
I'm not expert but I leave Continous + Alerts alone, because sometimes ( it seems) the alerts show up as a .jpg or some shit on the left column of " recent motions"
I don't fully understand Continous + alerts, and I get by with out it.

View attachment 140553View attachment 140554
I always set pre recording to 30-120 sec depending on the system and use. I would use 120 sec pre trigger buffer. And 3-10 minutes after motion detected. I usually set that at 10 minutes.

PMargis

n3wb
Reaction score
This is strange. Few things I can think of off the top of my head.
1) The camera lost connection to the network or failed to send a feed. In the record tab, do you have "record no signal or inactive frames" checked?
2) You database was regenerating at the time, however, this is unlikely as you would either have to manually initiate it or you would have specified that specific time in the clips tab which is unusual.
3) A blue iris issue. What version are you running? Have you tried exporting the entire clip to see if it appears?

Any chance you have an sd card in the cam that may have that footage?
Thanks for the response.

I am running BI version 5.5.1.20.
Reply to Point #1, the video did record I viewed the video at work on my Iphone and saw the SUV leaving, but when i got home the 3-4 minutes were missing. Thats the part that I can't figure out, what happened, maybe just one of those things that happen. Or did I do something to delete the section of video.
I might have an SD card in the camera, I will have to check tonight, I remember looking at the slot for the card when i installed the camera, but can't remember maybe time to invest in a few SD cards

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I am running BI version 5.5.1.20.
Reply to Point #1, the video did record I viewed the video at work on my Iphone and saw the SUV leaving, but when i got home the 3-4 minutes were missing. Thats the part that I can't figure out, what happened, maybe just one of those things that happen. Or did I do something to delete the section of video.
I might have an SD card in the camera, I will have to check tonight, I remember looking at the slot for the card when i installed the camera, but can't remember maybe time to invest in a few SD cards
You post implied that this was a portion of a clip. There would be no way to delete it without deleting the entire clipp.