msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
3.56.00 - June 5, 2014

You may choose to receive a notification via Status/Messages/Alerts when the software is restarted for any reason. If you rely upon an accurate geofence status, this may prompt you to open the mobile client app in order to resynchronize following a mobile device location change while the software was unavailable.

On Options/Users, you may specify a user-specific home page to use in place of the standard default.htm and jpegpull.htm.

The FTP upload component has been updated.

Options/FTP server pages now offer a setting for "max connections." Your FTP server may limit you to a small number of connections rather than 1 connection per camera as was the previous default. Uploads will now be queued and serialized according to your max connections setting.

By popular demand an "always create hi-res JPEG" option has been added to the Record tab in camera properties. Although the Alert image is stored in the database, it is at "postage-stamp" resolution and some users prefer to have the full resolution images saved to the Alerts folder in all cases.

If you enable Hikvision PTZ/control you may use the option to trigger Blue Iris when the camera's alarm input IO is activated. The software must poll the camera for this state with a network call each 2 seconds.

Productive work has begun on a 64 bit version! Memory limitations soon will be history.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"Productive work has begun on a 64 bit version! Memory limitations soon will be history."
This is great!

dalepa

Reaction score
Time to start memory shopping, I'm betting the 64bit version will try to grab as much as it can...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a fair chance it will require more memory as 64 bit, yes. I wonder if we will have the option of which version to use or if the 32 bit version will simply stop being updated?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...I believe the developer indicated that it will be out by years end...he does not monitor these forums...email support and you should get a more definitive answer and possibly beta test...

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been a long time BI user just never knew there was dedicated forum.. xD -- this place is a great resource, today alone i downloaded the BI tool and learned about the over lay options from the help menu...

I often email support@blueiris.com and they're very responsive. il ask them and see what they say, report back here with any good news.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI tools is really awesome, the watchdog feature is priceless.. @Mike really did an awesome job with it.

Last edited by a moderator: