3 Hikvision Cameras and one of them at night loses signal to router

SVDTiger

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 3MP cameras. All 3 work fine during the day but at night starting 8:30 PM up until about 6 AM (when the IR light is needed), one of them the fps goes down to 0 and loses signal. I have toyed with my router changed settings, even rebooted the cameras, and nothing, the problem is still there. This happened just recently over the weekend. Before that, I had them for about a month and there were no issues.

Anyone experience anything like this?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How are you powering the camera? It seems like a power issue, when the camera needs more juice (IR on) it just doesn't have enough. Maybe try a power supply with more AMP/a better power supply?

SVDTiger

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a poe switch powering them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Then try with a 12V power supply. If you network cable is not good enough, if it is not copper, if it is too thin, etc, you might have power issues anyway when the IR kicks in.

Or just take down the camera, connect it to the POE switch with a short cable, and see if it works ok when the IRs turn on.

SVDTiger

n3wb
Reaction score
I can try that. I'll take down the 2 other cameras and just leave this problem camera connected if to isolate the probem. If that fixes it then the poe switch is at capacity. If not then it might be the cable as u mentioned. I'll try this at night

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SVDTiger

n3wb
Reaction score
I unplugged the other 2 Hikvision cameras and still the problem camera didn't come on. So what I did was unplug my other 4 foscam wireless cameras, restarted the POE switch, restarted the router, and restart my pc. After that all Hikvision cameras worked.