30-40 sec delay Reolink Wired Cams

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 4 cam setup, 1 usb, 1 wifi low deff cam, and 2 hard wired 1440p Reolink cams.

the two reolink cams have about a 30-40 second live delay. I've verified through the web browser live view from camera gui that it is in fact only happening in the blue iris suite and over the BI app live view. it's only happening on these two cameras the usb and wifi camera are spot on.

This issue is new, they were working fine but I think it started after a recent BI software update. I'm only just now noticing, but it could have been like this for a couple of months. The PC is a pretty beastly machine, I hover around 30% cpu usage or under when idle and BI running.

I've tried deleting the camera's and re adding them in the BI suite, power cycling the entire network and pc a few times. but I've yet to find a solution. if anyone has any tips or has had this issue before please let me know any other troubleshooting measures to take. i'd hate to ditch blue iris as I've invested in this software. Thank you for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 4 cam setup, 1 usb, 1 wifi low deff cam, and 2 hard wired 1440p Reolink cams.

the two reolink cams have about a 30-40 second live delay. I've verified through the web browser live view from camera gui that it is in fact only happening in the blue iris suite and over the BI app live view. it's only happening on these two cameras the usb and wifi camera are spot on.

This issue is new, they were working fine but I think it started after a recent BI software update. I'm only just now noticing, but it could have been like this for a couple of months. The PC is a pretty beastly machine, I hover around 30% cpu usage or under when idle and BI running.

I've tried deleting the camera's and re adding them in the BI suite, power cycling the entire network and pc a few times. but I've yet to find a solution. if anyone has any tips or has had this issue before please let me know any other troubleshooting measures to take. i'd hate to ditch blue iris as I've invested in this software. Thank you for the help.
Reolink cameras have issues with blue iris.....they are junk in general and there are much better alternatives...
Are you recording direct to disk?
Also, a 30 second delay even if you cannot resolve it is not a big deal unless you must monitor the live feed, which if you have not noticed in months, is unlikely...
If everything is working properly you should see about a 1 second delay or less.
The fact that you dont see a delay in the browser is meaningless, it uses a different protocol...test by streaming rtsp to vlc and see if you have the delay there.

Reaction score
awesome, thank you for the quick response.

I will test out the streaming to vlc and see what I get, I am recording direct to disk. it does seem strange as I had about a 1 second delay before. I do agree as long as the recorded content is there then it shouldn't be an issue the only reason I am concerned is the fact that it wasn't until recently, just seems like something is not right.

dolsey01

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I had three cams, one Truvision 1080P, a 720P Foscam PTZ and an old 480P Foscam. System has been running fine for about a year. Noticed from my IOS app that there was a 20-30 sec delay. My 720P PTZ camera recently failed so I removed that so it's just the two cameras now. 1080P is hard wired, 480P is Wireless.

Recording direct to disk. System has about a 1 sec delay prior.

dolsey01

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: still no response from BI Support so I went ahead and lowered my 1080P cam to 720P and now delay is gone.

So try lowering the resolution of your 1440 cams to 720p and see if it fixes it.

Since I never had an issue before with the camera at 1080P, I consider this a temporary fix.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try the following:

Cameras' Interface
1. Make sure the Reolinks are using the most recent firmware.
2. Make sure the Reolinks are set to use "Baseline" in the H.264 profile setting.
3. Turn off 3D-NR.
4. Reboot the cameras.

Blue Iris
1. Set Intel hardware acceleration to "No" in the global settings.
2. Uncheck RTSP/stream timecode in each camera's video settings.
3. Raise the buffer to 20MB in each camera's video settings.

I use my cameras at a full 1440P with a bitrate of 4096 and have a delay of only a second or two when viewing the streams through the web server.

jmz77

n3wb
Reaction score
Try the following:

Cameras' Interface
2. Make sure the Reolinks are set to use "Baseline" in the H.264 profile setting.
3. Turn off 3D-NR.
4. Reboot the cameras.

Blue Iris

I use my cameras at a full 1440P with a bitrate of 4096 and have a delay of only a second or two when viewing the streams through the web server.
Wow! Thank you so much for this info! Just added this same cam to my already five cam setup with blue iris and had the same massive delay. Did exactly what you said here and it is working perfectly! Set up an account here just to say thank you!

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much for this info! Just added this same cam to my already five cam setup with blue iris and had the same massive delay. Did exactly what you said here and it is working perfectly! Set up an account here just to say thank you!
Glad I could help!

Scott Ritchey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try the following:

Cameras' Interface
3. Turn off 3D-NR.
4. Reboot the cameras.

Blue Iris

I had a similar symptom with several Reolink cameras that showed (burned-in time) 25-30 sec behind real time. That delay was constant no matter how I viewed those cameras (web browser, Reolink/Amcrest/Dahua PC client, or direct from NAS). It turned out that, even though each Reolink camera was set to synch time to NIST, I did not set the Reolink NAS to synch to NIST (my bad). It seems the Reolink NAS overrode the Reolink camera times.

With the time error, replay did not work right in the Amcrest/Dahua PC clients even though replay was OK on Blue Iris and both the Reolink and Amcrest NAS. After I got the camera times right (all within a couple seconds) replay works fine on all PC clients.

mdkrush

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is old, however.... My sub streams were lagging but main was not. I found that changing the bit rate to 512 fixed it (in reolink camera)