30 sec lag in live view / Timeline flashing ?

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am sure this is something I have overlooked or something. I installed a new BI server and 2 cameras / network at my church. We will be adding more. Today I noticed that the live view in BI was about 30 seconds lagging, and the CPU usage was around 45-50% or upwards of 90% when an additional instance was open (the UI open plus the BI Service). Even after closing the UI the CPU usage was 50% and almost all was from BI. I am recording Direct to Disc. Rebooting the PC caused the CPU usage to return to around 15% when the UI was closed. Before the reboot the live view had a roughly 30 second lag to real time. Rebooting the computer fixed that. The cameras are the 5231R-z 2MP Starlight turrets.

I also noticed the timeline events were flashing. Not sure what is causing it or if it's a setting I don't understand, etc. Be easy on me. I am still a BI newb. I try reading as much as I can. Here is a link to the timeline issue. Thanks in advance for any help! Andrew

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI running VERY high CPU 95%+ (see Pic)

Chances are your issue is the "memory leak" discussed in many threads here including the one above. Over time you will see cpu usage and memory allocation creep up. Seems Win 10 Creator's update installed a new intel driver that causes the issue. Rolling back driver fixes. Have a read and see if it applies to your problem.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BI running VERY high CPU 95%+ (see Pic)

Chances are your issue is the "memory leak" discussed in many threads here including the one above. Over time you will see cpu usage and memory allocation creep up. Seems Win 10 Creator's update installed a new intel driver that causes the issue. Rolling back driver fixes. Have a read and see if it applies to your problem.
Many thanks. Sorry I have seen mention of RAM leak issues but didn't think to read those / my ram usage seems normal (2.5 GB). My apologies. I will check this and report back. Thanks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have verified the PC is using the 22.20.16.4749 drive which you noted as a no no. I cant get on the internet on that PC tonight so I will change the driver and get back

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might have an old version already on the PC you could roll back to.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You might have an old version already on the PC you could roll back to.
Not quite sure how. I looked and the roll back option was greyed out. I skimmed the files on the C: drive and didn't see anything. I will download the driver on a USB drive and go there tomorrow night to update.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Loaded the driver and it seemed to fix the problem. Thanks. Ill check on it again later in the week and return if the problem is not fixed. Thanks for the help