3241T-ZAS - Cat detected as a Human

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
I have Dahua 3241T-ZAS, as an overview camera in the back yard.
I setup an IVS rule to detect humans in the back yard.
However, I get many false positives of cats that trigger the IVS rule - even on daylight.
Is there any config I can tweak to avoid this?, however, I prefer to have a false positive than false negative (that is missing an approaching human).

The IPC is mounted a bit high (it's an overview camera) which may contribute to the problem.

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You could try adjusting the min size. I'd try that first then maybe sensitivity if you have to. I wish mine would pick up small animals better.

mikelock99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hahaha, Code project said my trash can was a bear, until my wife went to bring it in, then it was luggage!:)

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You could try adjusting the min size. I'd try that first then maybe sensitivity if you have to. I wish mine would pick up small animals better.
Nice idea.
The problem is that I want to monitor the entire path leading to the house.
Which means the object size will change - depending on how far it is from the camera.
That is, I need multiple IVS rules, each having a different pixel size for the target object (which is less preferred).

publi95

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have Dahua 3241T-ZAS, as an overview camera in the back yard.
I setup an IVS rule to detect humans in the back yard.
However, I get many false positives of cats that trigger the IVS rule - even on daylight.
Is there any config I can tweak to avoid this?, however, I prefer to have a false positive than false negative (that is missing an approaching human).

The IPC is mounted a bit high (it's an overview camera) which may contribute to the problem.

It happens, even to higher end 5442 S3 cameras now and then.

View attachment 178527 View attachment 178528

Its not your camera, Cats have extra terrestrial super powers they can turn on and off at will. They do it just to fuck with you
Im using 5442 S3 and large dogs like a german shepherd are also detected as humans, leading to many false positives.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
There's also a calibration that you can do which will help with the change of size with distance.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you see this?

You might not need to do it with a smaller area as you have. A person at the end of the walk still should be larger than a cat (I think at least).

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you see this?

You might not need to do it with a smaller area as you have. A person at the end of the walk still should be larger than a cat (I think at least).
Yes, I saw the video, he presses too many buttons, I wasn't able to understand what he is doing.

mikelock99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, that video with no audio is not very self explanatory, I have seen this in my cameras GUI, but have not messed with it. I have chocked up the misrepresentation of objects by AI as what we have access to is not very smoort! Trash cans are bears, water meter covers are squirrels, fire hydrants are people, but the bare back of a stop sign, 150 feet away is still a stop sign. Go figure! KEK!

mikelock99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure you will ever rectify identifications, I just take it for what it is at this point, plus, Bigredfish is correct, cat's have that supernatural power! :D

mikelock99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I've found in my journey from an antiquated Hikvision system that you couldn't even watch video on because it constantly said "No Resource" to what we are able to do now, is that I'll take a "bear" trashcan, or a "person" fire hydrant, or even a "cat person"(you know that cat's projecting being a person, LOL!) any day, because those alerts are still there, and you can just look at the video and discern for yourself what is going on. The stuff we have today is light years from what was out there 5 years ago, and I can collect usable evidence thanks to the information available here in these forums, with just a little effort. But I digress, and maybe I'm just an old fart that will never totally rely on technology to get it right every time.
But I apologize to the OP if this detracts from his original intention! I hope you can find what you are seeking, but just remember, none of what we have access to will ever be perfect. That's a beautiful Cat Person BTW in your original photo!