34 inch monitor for BI server recommendations

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would also like it to have built in speakers for the cameras audio. The finished install will have 4, 5, and 8MP cameras.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

_MR

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a BenQ 3410R and love it. Don't get an MSI, all 3 that I've seen went bad within a year or so including mine.

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a BenQ 3410R and love it. Don't get an MSI, all 3 that I've seen went bad within a year or so including mine.
Thank you for your time with this input! Once more quick question if you can: what is needed to connect this monitor to a BI server so you can hear through the speakers what audio the cameras recorded?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
All you need is to open up UI3 in a browser. Any smart TV that that has a newer web browser on it. Or TV plus an Amazon FireStick to make it smart will work. Before you purchase anything, try this out on your TV. Most of us have our BI computer set up as "headless", meaning the computer is stuffed away somewhere on a shelf and there is no monitor, keyboard or mouse connected to it. We use RDP or TeamViewer from another computer on our network to open up the BI GUI or to do computer maintenance. And, we use UI3 typically to view live stream or the recordings.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would also like it to have built in speakers for the cameras audio. The finished install will have 4, 5, and 8MP cameras.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
My vote is always for a Fire TV/Firestick - then any size you want - running UI3 on it through a web browser. Wireless so you can put it anywhere you want.

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it make more financial sense to go with a dedicated monitor? Especially that we'll have room for it.

I may have missed something, but I just checked, and TeamViewer is like $25 per month.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us don't have a dedicated monitor for the BI computer.

TeamViewer only costs if you use commercially.

But most use RDP if you are on your own LAN and it is like you are sitting at the computer.

So for most of us it makes the most financial sense to not have a dedicated monitor and thus be able to place the BI computer anywhere you can get an ethernet cable to it and then remote into it if we need access to the computer or use the web browser UI3 option for daily viewing.

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good morning from Texas! Dropping in to thank everyone again is this thread for their time and help... Using TeamViewer, I set up our server as a headless unit and it works GREAT!