3rd party camera setup on Hikvision Nvr

Alex Kundi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi im new to the site, just wondering if anyone on here can help regarding setting up a 4mp IR Qvis Bullit network camera on to ds-7608ni hikvision nvr.
i have tried using the config tool to set the ip address to 192.168.254.2 and the gateway as 192.168.254.1. as per the first camera on the nvr.
On the add camera page on nvr, i have changed the adding method to manual, the protocol to ONVIF for D1 camera 192.168.254.2 user as admin and password as admin..
The nvr is showing the Status with a blue triangle as connected but the live view page is showing unsupported stream type....
any suggestion...
Thanks in advance
Alex

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The nvr is showing the Status with a blue triangle as connected but the live view page is showing unsupported stream type..
Is this in the Multiview of the VGA/HDMI interface?
If you select the window in question and use the 'Information' icon does it say anything useful?
If you switch between Mail Stream and Substream fo rthat window, do you then get video?
If so - you may need to check the camera web GUI for the specific codec using in the offending stream.

Alex Kundi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair, thanks for you reply, I'm away for a few days, soon as I get back, I'll have a look and get back to you with regards you your comments.
It's the first time I've used hikvision, so it's all new to me, usually setup qvis/dahua and adata dvr and nvr systems..
Kind regards
Alex
Is this in the Multiview of the VGA/HDMI interface?
If you select the window in question and use the 'Information' icon does it say anything useful?
If you switch between Mail Stream and Substream fo rthat window, do you then get video?
If so - you may need to check the camera web GUI for the specific codec using in the offending stream.