4:50am Visitor

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Drunk Russian guy showed up on a golf cart. Tried to open my truck doors and then actually rang the doorbell. I already knew he was out there since Blue Iris had pushed notifications to my phone. I opened my window from the top floor and tried to speak with him but he started speaking Russian. Basically told him he needed to leave. However, he stuck around and started messing with the cars again.

I watched him for a couple minutes and saw no other perps or weapons on him. Decided to go outside in the front porch and told him again, he needed to gtfo. Thankfully I didn't have to go hands on and he left. What a wierd night.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What model is that second camera pic and how much light are you throwing out there?

Last edited:

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What model is that second camera pic and how much light are you throwing out there?
That snapshot is from a 5442 turret. I just upgraded from a 5231 last month. It's mounted right above my garage door. The doorbell is a Wi-Fi camera: Nellys NSC-DB2.

The light fixtures had halogen bulbs when we bought this house. I replaced them with two 1100 watt led bulbs from Costco. They work well, I'm quite satisfied with them.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure whats going on there but lots of artifacts on the full res image. Is sharpness turned up high? (Try 40) or are you running a low bitrate? Try 8192 at least
Thanks for the suggestion. I noticed the digital noise as well. I really haven't had time to dial this camera in like I had the 5231. I tried the same settings I had on the old 2mp camera but the image was not good at all so I just went with auto/default settings. I'm going to mess around with it later tonight if I have some time to do some testing.