4.6.1 - September 14, 2017

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.6.1 - September 14, 2017

• Inactive cameras (enabled but profile 0 or ~) that also have the "Continue to display and stream video while inactive" box unchecked on the Schedule tab in camera properties were previously handled almost identically to disabled cameras. Now they are handled a bit more like cameras in the "no signal" state. They will now appear on group images with an "inactive" message. You can also use a JPEG image in place of the "inactive" message by placing an "inactive.jpg" file in the camera's folder in the Blue Iris program files folder. These cameras will still be skipped in camera cycle functions.

• Camera window borders are now drawn in red only when triggered or when manually recording and this applies to group streams as well. Previously they were drawn red whenever triggered or recording for any reason.

• On camera properties/Audio, options for "hail" and "goodbye" WAV files which will be sent to the camera speaker when the "talk" button is used from either the main Blue Iris UI or one of the client apps. The 2 audio files correspond to the press and release of the talk button.

• Fixes for 2-way audio functionality on the Beward/Wellcam cameras, providing another excellent option for a doorbell camera

• Fixes for cameras with streams on port 34567 such as SUNBA, CantonK

• Updated decoders and other audio/video components

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't know if it's this latest BI server update, or the .46 update on the android app, but when I turn on the listen feature (headphones), the app crashes within a second.

I've cleared data/wiped the app, and re-imported the servers. But the problem remains. Even more frustrating is once the headphone button is clicked and it crashes, any subsequent attempt to open that camera crashes immediately again since the headphone button defaults to on. The only way to reset it is to clear data/wipe the app and start fresh.

I've sent an email to Ken. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if it's this latest BI server update, or the .46 update on the android app, but when I turn on the listen feature (headphones), the app crashes within a second.

I've cleared data/wiped the app, and re-imported the servers. But the problem remains. Even more frustrating is once the headphone button is clicked and it crashes, any subsequent attempt to open that camera crashes immediately again since the headphone button defaults to on. The only way to reset it is to clear data/wipe the app and start fresh.

I've sent an email to Ken. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same...
Yep, Android .46 crash's immediately when I click on any live cam view or clip. I've emailed him as well, and he briefly remotely connected to my BI server with his phone. No word since.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just curios if anyone has the same as me...
I used to have a red border around all my cameras as they are recording 24 hours a day (12 cameras) and also have the red round icon at the top right of each camera.
Now after few updates, in the last week , i mean today i notice that the red border is gone and all cameras have only the red round icon at top right. Only one camera does not have the
round red icon, but the camera is recording 24 hours...hmmm
Anyone has this the same? regarding the red border be gone? and the missing red round recording icon?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curios if anyone has the same as me...
I used to have a red border around all my cameras as they are recording 24 hours a day (12 cameras) and also have the red round icon at the top right of each camera.
Now after few updates, in the last week , i mean today i notice that the red border is gone and all cameras have only the red round icon at top right. Only one camera does not have the
round red icon, but the camera is recording 24 hours...hmmm
Anyone has this the same? regarding the red border be gone? and the missing red round recording icon?

Thanks!
See the release notes

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I definitely prefer the red frame when triggered approach, vs red all the time (using continuous record).

After reading the release notes, I realized where the constant repeating "pop-pop-pop" sound may come from on my pc when hitting the talk button on the app. My hope was to use the app talk button as a sort of intercom to talk to family/guests; where they can hear me from the pc while they speak to one of my mic'd cams. Right now, I can barely hear my voice on the pc with a constant (much loader) pop-pop sound over the top.

I will try to play with the hail/goodbye files and settings to work around it, but I am not sure if this ability is even supported. Seems the posts about 'talking with BI' are centered around using cams that have speakers attached, not the BI pc speakers. Should this work? Am I doing something wrong?

Kev

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I definitely prefer the red frame when triggered approach, vs red all the time (using continuous record).

After reading the release notes, I realized where the constant repeating "pop-pop-pop" sound may come from on my pc when hitting the talk button on the app. My hope was to use the app talk button as a sort of intercom to talk to family/guests; where they can hear me from the pc while they speak to one of my mic'd cams. Right now, I can barely hear my voice on the pc with a constant (much loader) pop-pop sound over the top.

I will try to play with the hail/goodbye files and settings to work around it, but I am not sure if this ability is even supported. Seems the posts about 'talking with BI' are centered around using cams that have speakers attached, not the BI pc speakers. Should this work? Am I doing something wrong?

Kev
uncheck the hail/goodbye tones...the pop you may hear is you logging in...make sure the pop is disabled in the user settings...

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just looked and my hail/goodbye were already unchecked. Turning those on made BI crash instantly once I hit the app talk button. So I unchecked them and I'm back to the popping barely heaard voice.

It is definitely a different pop than the app login pop. As expected, I hear that 'bubble pop sound once as soon as I login with the app. However hitting the app talk button, the pop is more of the sound you get when you plug/unplug a hot microphone from a pa system. This sound repeats rapidly (I estimate around 30hz).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just looked and my hail/goodbye were already unchecked. Turning those on made BI crash instantly once I hit the app talk button. So I unchecked them and I'm back to the popping barely heaard voice.

It is definitely a different pop than the app login pop. As expected, I hear that 'bubble pop sound once as soon as I login with the app. However hitting the app talk button, the pop is more of the sound you get when you plug/unplug a hot microphone from a pa system. This sound repeats rapidly (I estimate around 30hz).
ensure you have the latest BI mobile app..there was a new update to .47 the other day...

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am already on .47... it was already out when I purchased the app.

To be clear, I DO NOT have any cameras that have built-in or otherwise locally connected spearkers. I am trying to "speak into the app, and output to my BI pc speakers". That said, I do have 2 cameras with built in mics, and those are working 100% (I can hear both live and recorded audio from the cams in both the app and pc).

In case it helps, the app's remote control 'Server sound file' button works fine. My PC plays the airhorn as soon as I push the button, but I'd like to also talk through the PC as well (using the talk button under the camera views).

Kev

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am already on .47... it was already out when I purchased the app.

To be clear, I DO NOT have any cameras that have built-in or otherwise locally connected spearkers. I am trying to "speak into the app, and output to my BI pc speakers". That said, I do have 2 cameras with built in mics, and those are working 100% (I can hear both live and recorded audio from the cams in both the app and pc).

In case it helps, the app's remote control 'Server sound file' button works fine. My PC plays the airhorn as soon as I push the button, but I'd like to also talk through the PC as well (using the talk button under the camera views).

Kev
I understand...try emailing support...

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This version broke the pushpull feature for internal camera motion triggering on hikvision cameras. Looking for download the version before this one.