4 Cameras connected to NVR, NVR can only show 3

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Like the title suggests, i have four cameras plugged into the NVR, and in 2*2 mode, it shows 3 and on the fourth screen it says ' No Resource' with a black background.
If i double click the black screen i can then view the image, but if i double click it again to go back into 2*2 mode, a different camera is black with the no resource message.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern when i keep double clicking on the black screen and back as to which one would go black next. I just dont understand what's happening.
I have restarted the NVR and i must add, this was a two camera system but i added two more today. One will show but the other is No Resource.
Is this a display setting I need to alter?

In live view on the local network on firefox, they're all showing in the live view. On the NVR only 3 show.

Many thanks in advance.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it's the A model of the NVR then it's a well known bug.

Only kidding, I just don't like the A models. What bitrate have you got them all set to? A 7608 should have no trouble with 4 cameras.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hiya Del Boy, I've figured it out. It's because the 7608 cannot stream the 4 images in its highest resolution. In single mode it's fine, in any other mode (1*7, etc)it reduces the stream to a lower resolution, except 2*2 view. For some reason it tries to show it in full res in 2*2, and both 3mp and 4mp cameras suffer from this. I've turned down two of the cameras down to 1080p and I get the full 2*2 view. Obviously the most important ones can run at full res. from my understanding this is the only way around this problem.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's odd... mine seems to work fine. In fact running more than 4 cameras at the moment.