4 Lens camera leads to license issue

starna

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im migrating from Exacqvision to BL, and while I like what I see, one of the cameras I'm using is an Arecont Vision AV12176DN, which has 4 camera heads, but only one IP. This worked great in Exacqvision, since it only counted as one camera, but when I try to add the cameras to BL, I have to do it one head a time, and now im over my 64 camera limit. The current config example for adding the cameras is attached.

Is there a way to add the cameras where it only counts as one IP?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried the dropdown for the AV8185 RTSP and selected a different camera # in the "Camera" dropdown for each of the 4?

Click on "OK" to save each one after changing only the camera number, 1-4.

arecont2.jpg

Last edited:

starna

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried the dropdown for the AV8185 RTSP and selected a different camera # in the "Camera" dropdown for each of the 4?

Click on "OK" to save each one after changing only the camera number, 1-4.

View attachment 38917
TonyR, first thanks for the reply, but i should make it clear that things were working just fine before (though after deleting and readding they arent) and while your way and my old way work, i still have to make 4 "cameras" according to BL which each head being the only difference, and thats where the problem lies. I want it to count as just one camera if possible.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You are probably out of luck unless you have some other software combine multiple streams into one.

If you are feeling lucky, you could contact the developer and see if you can convince him to remove the limit. The limit seems kind of arbitrary at this point, most likely existing mainly to keep people from thinking it is a good idea to run huge numbers of cameras on one Blue Iris system.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using a lot of 'cloned' cameras in your BI setup? I'm assuming these all get counted against the '64 cam' limit, even tho BI doesn't pull a separate stream for them.
If so, perhaps you can reconfigure some of the other cams to reduce the number of clones (leaving room for a few more 'real' cams/streams)?

Or maybe BI dev Ken can 'adjust' the limit counting/enforcement to apply only to streams pulled (or better yet: total Mbps with respect to CPU capabilities?) instead of simple number of 'cameras'. But yeah, probably time for BI to revisit that 64-cam limit. I'm sure it seemed like big number at the time, but with hardware advances and general uptick in the use of IP cams, may no longer be relevant or needed...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
But yeah, probably time for BI to revisit that 64-cam limit. I'm sure it seemed like big number at the time, but with hardware advances and general uptick in the use of IP cams, may no longer be relevant or needed...
Yeah, according to old release notes the limit changed from 25 to 64 in BI version 2.32.05. Release notes this old don't have dates recorded, but it was roughly a decade ago, when most IP cameras were 640x480 or lower resolution!!

starna

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know when v5 will be out, and will that allow clients to connect to the primary installation location?