4 Loud Bikes

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the attraction and/or apparent necessity to play music over speakers when you are riding a loud motorcycle? Of course it has to be as loud or louder than the bike but can you really hear it well enough to enjoy it? Others near the bike rider get to hear it VERY well whether we choose to or not. Isn't the thrill of the ride from the vibration and wind enough for you? After driving a motorcycle in NorCal traffic for about 6 of my 29 years there I felt like I owed it to my self to focus more on what I was seeing and doing and loud music was NOT going to help me get to my destination safely....I preferred NO distractions, including music......but that's just me, I guess.

A similar phenomenon occurs on this 21,000 acre lake just 300 yards downhill from me: people will spend 40 hours or more at work, cooped up in an office, driving a truck or doing whatever their job is, then get out on the lake in their boats on the weekend to enjoy the sun, the wind, the lake....and loud music blaring over speakers that comes across the lake like they were in my yard. For God's sake, you can listen to music all week, at home, in your car, etc.....give it a rest when you're on the lake...or on your bike....and enjoy just being where you're at, taking in the sights and experience what you can't all week!

Or wear ear buds! :cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On another note, gotta say I like the helmet of the rider nearest to your cam; it's made to look like it's a white ball-cap worn backwards (SF 49ers)...pretty innovative!

Hopefully it's also DOT rated with FMVSS No. 218 certification.....not a safe place to look good but not work well, IMO.