4 MP turret shows it's connected, but no video available

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an LTS 4MP camera at my front door set up to do line-crossing alarms, including emailing pictures. This is done via an LTS NVR.

Today I started receiving the alarm emails without a picture attachment. My other cameras with similar setups still send pictures so it isn't an email issue.

I fired up iVMS-4200 and the misbehaving camera still shows that it is currently connected, but I can't access Live View. The log is also loaded with "IPC disconnect" exceptions, starting a couple of days ago. The log doesn't list the camera number, unfortunately.

I'll disconnect/reconnect the cable and see what happens ... has anyone seen this behavior before? I suspect the camera will go kaput it it isn't toast already.

I thought it was pretty weird that I got a legit line crossing alarm email today, with no video working on that camera. I guess it can be failing in such a way that it processes video for alarms but can't pass video on to the NVR?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Try pulling it and issuing a factory reset via the reset button on the cord with your power/network/reset connections. Nice thing if it is toast - LTS is great with warranty/RMA exchanges. I've always had next day replacement service with the 7 or 8 I've sent back (granted UPS ground from the office I deal with is next day since both cities are major UPS hubs.)

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reset button on the cord? Is there a button near the network jack? I never noticed one before.

The camera is back online now, it fixed itself, but it's clearly having some problems. I will try the factory reset next time it freaks out.