4300c 3mp bullet issue

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First off. Thanks to all the info here on ipcamtalk Ive setup my first ever NVR and Ip cameras. Been a big learning curve. Even my first rj45 crimping worked first try.

M issue is f I set resolution to 3mp Iget just a blank screen. 1.3 and 1080p work fne.
Ive tried changing thru the pc interface ad the NVR with no luck. Not really big issu as 1080p gives a great picture,but would lke to know whats up before I order more.
Also It is suppose to be a Dahua cam, In setup do I use privte or Onvif as Manufacturer as those are the only 2 options that work.

Dahua NVR7416 fw 3.0.1.4 ??
Dahua 4300c bullet camera fw 2.420 ??

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oops sorry its a 4300s bullet cam.

Back at cabin again and stil trying to figure out this issue

More details.
The 3mp setting sees work fine if I acces the NVR from computer via LAN. Display live view, play back motion recordings, etc.

Dahua NVR 7416 will only display live view if camera is set to 1 of the smaller view squares such as 1/16 view. Also must be in this view for playback.

Ive looked thru every possible menu and tried dfferent display settings.

If I set camera to any setting below 3mp every thing works fine

NVR specs say up to 5mp capability..

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this ???????????

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have a Dahua NVR and a Dahua camera, select "Private" for manufacturer. That may be the problem regarding seeing your cameras via the NVR.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it is currently set to private, NVR and camera are Dahua.

Thanks I was wondering which setting was the correct to use. Searched all over nd couldn't find a definitive answer.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Figuring this stuff out as a new learning exp... ugg

Iv figred out the view it does show is the subsream when set to 3mp. Still cant get it to show the min stream thru the Dahua NVR

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the problem is due to a setting, I would expect it to be in the camera. I have a Dahua NVR and Dahua cameras, and the camera settings are automatically copied to the NVR. You might try resetting your 4300c to its default settings (System -> Default -> Default). You will have to log back in at IP 192.168.1.108 as admin, admin.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try reducing your FPS?

Ive tried several from 20 - 5 FPS settings.

3Dog'
tried resetting to default everything once too.

1 thing I haven't found and I suspect is setting the NVR to show substream in live view. I found this setting for PC viewing but not sure if it sets the NVR to show substream as live in a 1-4-or 8 cam view.

I'm wont have access to it again for a few weeks to play with it unfortunately. Would love if someone can confirm.

Does anyone else have a Dahua NVR and 3mp camera set higher than 1080p able to live view via the NVR and full screen the camera ?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua NVR, and among the cameras I have connected is an IPC-HFW4300S bullet camera. The video is set at 3M, and I can full screen the camera. I wish I could help, but if you reset the camera to its default settings and connected it to your NVR, it should work fine. You shouldn't have to change camera settings within the NVR. Changes here would only change the settings in your camera. The only thing you need to do in the NVR is to configure the IP address: Camera -> Remote. The only other settings I have changed from factory default was the password and the IP address.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And the dilemma continues. LOL

Got another shipment of cams in, only tested 1 4300c so far. Although a different computer(laptop). Wont show live view but shows in Smart PSS. Just thought I would post this for humor. I got 2 4300s and 2 4300c to add to the one at the cabin, Just thought I would play with them and set there IPs before I get there Friday.

3Dog thanks for sugestions, I will try them and let you know. It seems by default they are set to 1080p resolution.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also for some reason the "plugin" for Ie and chrome seems to install but the camera via web login still wants me to install it. Might be a win10 issue "laptop" as my home computerd had no issue. Ill look into this a little more too and update.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might try deleting and reinstalling the plugin.
Seems Microsoft Edge, Default browser for Win 10 has an issue. clik the 3 ... in upper right and select "open in internet explorer" to get around the plugin instyall issue. I was looking for "compatibility mode" when I found that. I hate win 10.

3dog, curious what NVR your using, I hope to get back to figuring out my original issue tomorrow night.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua4208 8 channel NVR. Regarding Microsoft Edge, I don't use it either. You can find internet explorer within the start menu and then just pin it to your desk top. Windows internet explorer is the same program in any version of Windows as long as you have upgraded it. I have had no issues with it seeing my cameras or the NVR. I do, however, still have a problem with a few specific cameras loosing video occasionally. This is due to that they are connected by way of homeplug. I plan to have them all hard wined.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is, I plan to have all my camera hard wired, not hard wined. I hate autocomplete.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it seems the issue is hardware concerning the 1080p display capabilities. Even the 4300c cams I just got wont display live or playback higher than 1080p.
Now that I have learne a bit more about the systems.

the7xxx specs seem to omit a key detail..

4208 specs
>Up to 4/8/16/32 channel IP camera input
> H.264/MJPEG dual codec decoding
> Max 200Mbps incoming bandwidth

> Up to 5Mp resolution preview&playback

> HDMI/VGA simultaneous video output
> 4/8/16 channel synchronous realtime playback, GRID interface
> Support Multi-brand network cameras: Dahua, Arecont Vision, AXIS, Bosch, Brickcom, Canon, CP Plus, Dynacolor, Honeywell, Panasonic, Pelco, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, Videotec, Vivotek and etc.
> ONVIF Version 2.4 conformance
> 3D intelligent positioning with Dahua PTZ camera
> Support 2 SATA HDDs up to 8TB, 2 USB(1 USB3.0)
> Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS(DSS/PSS) & DMSS

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had my 2 - 4300c cams start flashing the IR on/off every few minutes the other night, Still not sure why. Changed the outdoor/50hz/60hz setting and they worked fine, Nxt day I returned to the outdoor setting and all seemed ok.

Anyone else had this issue, searched "IR flashing" but didn't come up with any thing. ?? Possible cable-power issue ?? Pretty sure its not the Dlink Gigabit poe switch.

By god it might drive me nuts but I will get ALL the bugs worked out..

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On a good note I connected a wifi router and old Android phone as a remote mini monitor. No internet service at the cabin.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The flashing IR seems like it could be a power issue, I'm not sure what else it would be unless the dusk/dawn sensor is acting up? But if it's more than 1 camera then unlikely.

Let me tell you what I've learned about my 16ch Dahua NVR, I wish I had saw this thread sooner and I could have maybe helped you out sooner.
From the first post, It seemed to me your NVR does not support streams higher than 1080. My NVR was advertised as MAX 2MP (1080) But I can stream my 4MP cameras just fine and record also, so another miscommunication to chalk up to Chinese sellers and incorrect product descriptions.

Here is what I know about my Dahua NVR, (This is if you are physically on the NVR and not viewing on a web browser)
If you are on 1 camera full screen, it is MAINstream. If you are on 4 cameras splitscreen, you are on MAINstream.
If you are on anything more than 4 cameras... 6, 8 or 9 cameras, or in my case up to 16 cameras on the NVR screen, it is SUBstream.

As I started typing this, I was thinking I had more information to give, but lol, I'm blank. If you have other questions I'll keep an eye out to help spread what I've learned about my new system in the last couple months of owning it.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The flashing IR seems like it could be a power issue, I'm not sure what else it would be unless the dusk/dawn sensor is acting up? But if it's more than 1 camera then unlikely.

Let me tell you what I've learned about my 16ch Dahua NVR, I wish I had saw this thread sooner and I could have maybe helped you out sooner.
From the first post, It seemed to me your NVR does not support streams higher than 1080. My NVR was advertised as MAX 2MP (1080) But I can stream my 4MP cameras just fine and record also, so another miscommunication to chalk up to Chinese sellers and incorrect product descriptions.

Here is what I know about my Dahua NVR, (This is if you are physically on the NVR and not viewing on a web browser)
If you are on 1 camera full screen, it is MAINstream. If you are on 4 cameras splitscreen, you are on MAINstream.
If you are on anything more than 4 cameras... 6, 8 or 9 cameras, or in my case up to 16 cameras on the NVR screen, it is SUBstream.

As I started typing this, I was thinking I had more information to give, but lol, I'm blank. If you have other questions I'll keep an eye out to help spread what I've learned about my new system in the last couple months of owning it.
I even tried plugging various cams into a second poe switch, didn't help. switching outdoor/50hz/60hz seem to fix it. or atleast for time being. so its either the sensor, bad rj45 crimp or cable issue imho. I wont be back to play with them till xmas. I'm hoping its like the first 4300s. Worked fine 2 days, then nothing for a week and no issues with that cam since. Ive got some night image quality issues that I will deal with later once its all installed. putting up 3 more 4300c during xmas for a total of 8. Then moving nvr to a hidden location..

As for the main/sub stream Do you know which NVR's WILL and which wont display 3mp and up in mainstream view ?
I may upgrade my NVR once its all installed and I feel its stable..