49225 off line?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My ad49225t-hn quit working. In my PSS program it says it is offline. I unplugged the cat 5 and when I reconnected it, it spun around like it was rebooting. I went outside and took it down. I hooked it up to a new cat5 and it rebooted but it shows as offline in smart PSS and on my NVR it says can't find the network host. Would it help if I did a reset? I have the back taken off but I was afraid to do anything without asking here first. Thanks in advance for your time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How old is it? It may be on its last viewing

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How old is it? It may be on its last viewing

I think it is 07-07- 2021

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have a clue about messing with the circuitry. So I suppose mine is trashed. Guess I could try doing a factory reset before it goes into the recycle bin.

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try plugging it into power using the 12V plug and see if it works. (That's assuming you were using POE when it failed.) I have one camera that POE failed on so I moved it into the house and have been running it on the 12v power plug, instead of throwing it away.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’d check what type of Poe was being applied. I’ve had some larger ptzs with lower end dahua and Poe switches that’ll burn ports/quit working if set on constant tour.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’d check what type of Poe was being applied. I’ve had some larger ptzs with lower end dahua and Poe switches that’ll burn ports/quit working if set on constant tour.
I have one that was suggested on here. It has four cams working fine on it. I think it has a total of 12 ports. I have tried it in different ports. It spins around but never goes online. thank you.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try plugging it into power using the 12V plug and see if it works. (That's assuming you were using POE when it failed.) I have one camera that POE failed on so I moved it into the house and have been running it on the 12v power plug, instead of throwing it away.
I tried that first. I'll see if I can find a different 12v and see if it works. Thank you for the suggestion. I've been at a loss.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was going to do that as a last resort. Isn't that how you brick them?
I think I hit the reset button and held it down for a minute. I didn't notice anything happening. Can you confirm that what I have the arrow pointed to is the reset button please? Also did a short video showing what lights are flashing. I hear sounds but it is not coming up on my NVR.

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, people usually brick their cameras when they screw around with firmware update.
I tested another camera that was hooked up in the same place where this dahua camera is and it is now working on my 5-ft cable by my computer the dahua camera does not work in either place so I do know I need to replace the cable that runs to those cameras about 100 ft cable. My other camera came through on my NVR when I hooked it up to the 5-ft cable butter dahua does not show on my NVR. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to hear or see if I have successfully done a reset