4g LTE Solar Surveillance Cameras

Jb73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some solid advice on surveillance cameras and more specifically, solar 3g/4g LTE cameras for a semi remote location.

I need to monitor a piece of property, approx 2 acres 24/7, which is fenced, security alarm & motion solar lighting. Construction materials are stored on property from time to time.

The lack of available utilities at this location, but having decent average cell signal, I've been looking into solar surveillance cameras. It seems the market is flooded with the likes of Reolink, Arlo and others, but I'm seeing many mixed reviews.

I need a setup that's capable of decent storage (maybe a months worth of storage ((cloud based I'm assuming)). Monitoring from my cell is a must (currently have Verizon but it's my understanding that there are sim card options that will work with my carrier phone). Pan/tilt & motion d would be bonus features as well. I'd probably be looking at purchasing 4 cameras initially, but would want something that I can integrate more cameras in the future, in the event I needed to use them on a larger property.

The Reolink Pt Go with Solar sort of checks off majority of my needs,
"on paper that is", but not sure about real world.
I'm not looking to break the bank and my wants/needs may not go hand in hand with my budget
I just need reliable notifications with some decent storage capacity. I will know who and when someone should be on property, making it easy for me to determine whether or not I need to notify authorities of an intruder.
Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciate.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some solid advice on surveillance cameras and more specifically, solar 3g/4g LTE cameras for a semi remote location.

I need to monitor a piece of property, approx 2 acres 24/7, which is fenced, security alarm & motion solar lighting. Construction materials are stored on property from time to time.

The lack of available utilities at this location, but having decent average cell signal, I've been looking into solar surveillance cameras. It seems the market is flooded with the likes of Reolink, Arlo and others, but I'm seeing many mixed reviews.

I need a setup that's capable of decent storage (maybe a months worth of storage ((cloud based I'm assuming)). Monitoring from my cell is a must (currently have Verizon but it's my understanding that there are sim card options that will work with my carrier phone). Pan/tilt & motion d would be bonus features as well. I'd probably be looking at purchasing 4 cameras initially, but would want something that I can integrate more cameras in the future, in the event I needed to use them on a larger property.

The Reolink Pt Go with Solar sort of checks off majority of my needs,
"on paper that is", but not sure about real world.
I'm not looking to break the bank and my wants/needs may not go hand in hand with my budget
I just need reliable notifications with some decent storage capacity. I will know who and when someone should be on property, making it easy for me to determine whether or not I need to notify authorities of an intruder.
Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciate.
None of the junk options you listed will work properly. You will need to build your own. Build a solar power kit run any camera wish. There are low power draw lte modems available.