4MP Budget Cam Black Friday Giveaway

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity to win!

I've been doing DIY home automation for about 15 years, but only recently decided to get serious about the CCTV game. I actually bought my first IP camera about 12 years ago, but it was an interior camera without IR and I think about 1.3mp quality. It was still well over $100 at the time. Now that camera's have evolved to the point where they can actually provide decent images (even at night) without costing an arm an a leg, I think it is worth investing in.

If I won, this camera would likely be installed outside of my garage and covering the driveway. I already have a couple of cams at the front door, and the driveway is the next thing on the list.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would love another cam to keep an eye on my dog while I'm not around. Can see the crate now but not into the other room.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same problem. A glut of surplus cameras as I have upgraded my cameras to the new Dahua 4MP. I have already outfitted a neighbors house with 8 cameras and an NVR. Now to find another neighbors house and outfit it. However they will have to buy an NVR. :)

Reaction score
I would put one on the end of my house overlooking the valley. It would catch the planes that use the municipal airport across they way and also the stunning sunsets.

Reaction score
Great idea!

So if I was to win the HDW4433C-A it would go on the West side of the front porch looking East across said porch. Fairly certain the 3.6 would be narrow enough for that spot. If not, then on the NE corner of house pointing West covering back yard and pool.

If I won the T2431T-AS it would go in the garage pointing towards the house and outside doors. The wide angle 2.8 should cover it. Another potential spot would be on the NE corner of house pointing West covering back yard and pool.

If I won the PTZ, that would go upstairs in the game room covering the doors to the back yard balcony. Or under the soffit on the NE corner of house pointing West covering back yard and pool.

Tell Samantha 'Howdy'.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Regardless of which, I'd put one just to the opposite side of the entry way door. Just because... :p

Reaction score
If I would win I'd put one in the backyard facing the woods. We have tons of wild life and I think it would be pretty cool to catch what goes on when no one's watching. I recently had a tree fall down which would have been cool to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I would be happy to pay shipping to UK if I won the small PTZ and it would have a good placement to see down the street up and down, Fudge & Leo both love new parcels from the postman.

*EDIT* I have a cousin who lives in Texas Houston who comes home every few months to UK so could be posted to him if I'm lucky enough to Win.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What the heck, I'm in.

I'd install one of the cameras on the side of my house, under my deck, to provide coverage to the entrance to my basement. It's currently a blind spot that I've been meaning to do something about. This will give me the motivation.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could use one to watch the entrance to my vinyl fence in the backyard, I think that's where the next one would be going.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would pole mount the PTZ in the middle of my backyard. Others I would mount on high deck vertical surface. Lots of wildlife, etc. there. Arkansas.

Last edited:

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been researching the best way to view our bird houses/feeders from inside. A new camera from your contest would help me decide!

By the way, my wife grew up with a cat just like yours. Her name was Tabatha. She loved letting you pet her until she didn't. She'd let you know by digging her claws into your leg so deep you'd bleed. Nice kitty, now GET OFF MY LEG. She always managed to land on all four legs.

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool idea BigRed!

Should the gods of IPCT or your assistant Samantha bless me with a turret, it would complete the setup in the front of my house, specifically the garage. I have one more turret I need to get and mount on the garage on the north side of the door to have the criss-cross pair covering my driveway.

If I ended up with a PTZ, that would definitely be mounted under the soffit on the backside of my house. I think it would be great to add a PTZ to the backside so I could check specific areas of the backyard, including the pool.

Again thanks for the gesture, and I hope you and the family have happy holidays! :headbang:

Reaction score
Well I don't I don't have enough post to qualify but... if I was to win the turrent it would definitely go in the front of the house. The mailboxes have had several visitors taking what is not theirs. I am the only neighbor who would be able to get a good shot of the vehicle with license plate. Happy holidays to everybody. I know I don't post a lot because I have a lot to learn. I love this place.

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow nice! I would install on the NE corner of the house, I'm really missing coverage there!