4mp camera with IR and LED?

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all

Just wondering if there's such thing as a 4mp Dahua with IR + LED.
The area I want to monitor is quite dark and I colour ain't going to work if it has LED as it'd probably won't be able to detect motion properly.
Is there something that has IR and can trigger LED to turn on? for example when IVF area is triggered. Seen some guys come around wearing IR blocking glasses lately.

Cheers

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The problem with an LED that comes on with motion is that the camera then gets blinded momentarily when the light comes on and the camera adjusts.

This camera can have the LED come on with motion, but most of us have found they are gimmicky and not much brighter than a cellphone flashlight:

T5241H-AS-PV

This is the camera you want!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The problem with an LED that comes on with motion is that the camera then gets blinded momentarily when the light comes on and the camera adjusts.

This camera can have the LED come on, but most of us have found they are gimmicky and not much brighter than a cellphone flashlight:

T5241H-AS-PV

This is the camera you want!

Hmm yeh i know what you mean when the camera needs time to adjust.
So this 2mp @ 1/2.8" sensor will be superior in the dark than the 5442 4mp @ 1/1.8" ?
Actually the T5241H only has 1 LED lol so yehh it's not going to be very lit.

My other thought was to get a ring/eufy flood light but I still reckon the quality on Dahua is still better.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, the 5442 will be superior to the 2MP for the reason you said, the 5442 is 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor. But the 5442 does not have an LED that will come on with motion like the 2MP I linked. But like I said, it is about as bright as a camera flashlight, so much beyond 6-8 feet is useless.

But the dual lens 5449 gives you the best of both worlds. One lens is used to get the color and the other is used to get the details from IR B/W:

Here is the side-by-side between the 5449 and the 5442.

1643684378835.png

Not only does it have a brighter image, but a limitation with running color on the 5442 is when someone gets close to the camera and possibly in front of the light that allows color, this dual camera will then pick up the person with IR and go B/W.

1634356531669.png

And this camera can play an audio alarm if you like to scare them away.

Last edited:

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, the 5442 will be superior to the 2MP for the reason you said, the 5442 is 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor. But the 5442 does not have an LED that will come on with motion like the 2MP I linked. But like I said, it is about as bright as a camera flashlight, so much beyond 6-8 feet is useless.

But the dual lens 5449 gives you the best of both worlds. One lens is used to get the color and the other is used to get the details from IR B/W:

Here is the side-by-side between the 5449 and the 5442.

View attachment 117296

Not only does it have a brighter image, but a limitation with running color on the 5442 is when someone gets close to the camera and possibly in front of the light that allows color, this dual camera will then pick up the person with IR and go B/W.

1634356531669.png

And this camera can play an audio alarm if you like to scare them away.
ah yeh this sounds like a good model. I hope they release a turret version. My B5442E bullet stands out too much.
Cheers !

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a turret version of the dual lens. I have one lol.

Towards the last pages of that thread include my video review and comments.

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is a turret version of the dual lens. I have one lol.

Towards the last pages of that thread include my video review and comments.
oh sorry didn't realise you linked your review. Hmmm it is incredible that it still able to see in almost pitch black. identity works if up close.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey all

Just wondering if there's such thing as a 4mp Dahua with IR + LED.
The area I want to monitor is quite dark and I colour ain't going to work if it has LED as it'd probably won't be able to detect motion properly.
Is there something that has IR and can trigger LED to turn on? for example when IVF area is triggered. Seen some guys come around wearing IR blocking glasses lately.

Cheers
Today or Tomorrow I will be temporarily installing 4 test cameras for a potential customer with pretty high demands. they will be a combination of Uniview light hunter and color hunter 5 mp and 8 mp. we want the best definition. my sales rep was kind enough to get me some loaners to try out. This is a pretty large installation. so far we are looking at 32 cameras on the exterior of the building and 52 on the inside. customer wants to get it done right the first time. the building was broken into a few weeks ago and they were hit really hard. 7 dirt bikes, 5 Harleys, tools, every day they are finding more things that they are missing. also installing a large security system, all doors, motions, glass breaks and fire system. Ill let you know how these cameras work out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the T5241H-AS-PV, yes it can. For the 5449, no it is either on or off.

bfc

n3wb
Reaction score
@wittaj How is the IPC-T5449H-ASE-D2? Does the IVS and SMD work well? Does the IR attract a lot of bugs? Do the bugs cause issues with the IVS and SMD?

Do you have it linked up to BI or to a NVS?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have found the 5449 dual lens to be an incredible addition to the Dahua lineup.

It produces a very bright image due to its dual lens design.

So far (knock on wood) I have not had issues with bugs.

I have found the IVS to be spot on. I haven't played much with the SMD, but I would assume it would perform comparable for its function.

I have it linked to BI and zero problems with it.