5.1.0 - February 16, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.1.0 - February 16, 2020
A clip “export” command has been added to the JSON web services. This allows the UI3 to
offer a more powerful experience managing video downloads.
Once the evaluation period is over, the software will continue to run as a “viewer only.”
This allows BVR files to be opened and exported without a software license.

Copy and Paste buttons have been added to the motion detector mask editing window.
Masks may only be pasted when the target image size matches the copied image size.
Using the Shield icon or camera “pause” commands you may now cancel a camera alert in-
progress.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
very cool can i acess with 2 viewers to the bi Server same time???

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Currently, I am on 4.8x version It is running fine and I don't use the web UI. Should I upgrade and if so, what are the benefits / improvements that justify it. I am curious if there are any improvements to core...
Also, is it a full purchase from 4.8x or how should I go about this?
Lastly, If I upgrade, I would like to retain camera / BI settings and blow out the whole install and start fresh. I assume that would require a (new?) License Key..?

Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Currently, I am on 4.8x version It is running fine and I don't use the web UI. Should I upgrade and if so, what are the benefits / improvements that justify it. I am curious if there are any improvements to core...
Also, is it a full purchase from 4.8x or how should I go about this?
Lastly, If I upgrade, I would like to retain camera / BI settings and blow out the whole install and start fresh. I assume that would require a (new?) License Key..?

Thanks!
See the blue Iris upgrade guide in the wiki.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, don't know why I forgot to check there first... :facepalm: