5.2.5 - April 9, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.2.5 - April 9, 2020
Many users take advantage of the camera “clone” functionality in order to record video and
images in various ways. You may now select to include all cloned camera clips with the
master’s clips when the clips list is filtered by camera—there’s a new checkbox on the
camera settings General page.
This version removes the dependency on the second executable BlueIrisService.exe—now
there are fewer moving parts for more stability. This should help with recent security
software issues encountered with Sophos and Bit Defender which did not allow the service
to launch a second process (BlueIris.exe). You must remove and then re-add the service
from the Settings/Startup page before this will take effect. When enabling the service, the
software will now also prompt for logon information, check the password, and provide the
account with the necessary privileges.
If the service were to ever crash, the console window now more reliably reconnects to the
service to prevent interruption in the display.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Many users take advantage of the camera “clone” functionality in order to record video and
images in various ways. You may now select to include all cloned camera clips with the
master’s clips when the clips list is filtered by camera—there’s a new checkbox on the
camera settings General page.
I asked Ken for this feature. Until recently I was not able to get it to work.

I contacted Ken and this has been resolved...
If you have trouble getting this to work, please note that the cloned cameras must have a different color than the master.
This step is easy to overlook when creating a clone by simply copying the master.

It may also be of interest that the clone's clips & alerts appear in the master's cliplist even if the clone is hidden. (yea!)
Furthermore, if the master has multiple clones, all of its clones' clips & alerts appear in its cliplist.

general_tab.jpg

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just gotta ask, why a different color is required. Then, given the level of complexity, maybe it's just necessary. I'll be giving this a try.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It worked. I had reverted to 6.5 but got too OCD about CPU so went back to 7.9. That little trick works like a charm and you may very well be right about the reason.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Made the jump from 5.2.1.1 to the current stable version of 5.2.6.5

CPU jumped up, so I went to Task Manager. In Task Manager I now noticed two BI executables. I never had the second one, or its use was so low it wasn't showing up on the list of 15 or so running.

I noticed this is the first update that mentions two executables.

Did I do something wrong with the update or does it now run two processes?

1589427616112.png

Last edited: