5.2.5 to 5.3 - Language error on firmware update

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

While doing a firmware update from a Chinese only V5.2.5 to multi-language V5.3.0 firmware, everything seemed to work properly until the very end when it produced a "incorrect language error". Turned unit off and disconnected and rebooted computer. I next went into the SADP program and the unit is present in the lineup, but shows a "0" in the encoding channels. I next tried to open the camera program in the browser using my assigned IP address to the camera and the camera cannot be located or start the Hikvision software.

While in V5.2.5, the Hikvision firmware software never gave any other language choices besides the Chinese language. Since I don't speak Chinese, I decided to update to multi-language V5.3.0 firmware, downloaded from Hikvision web site.
I also have 3 other cameras that are working perfectly at this time and only this recent 4th camera has a problem. I am not sure if possibly the firmware can be copied from one of these other working cameras to this failed one.

All the cameras are identical Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 cameras and are installed through a Xfinity (Comcast modem) for IP, then with a TPLink switch and POE connection. The cameras are viewed using Blue Iris on a security dedicated 2nd PC system.

Below is the properties of the fault camera as shown on the network information.

#4 Camera Serial# DS-2CD2032-I20140304CCCH453884078

How can I correct this incorrect language error when the camera is not running internal software on a browser display, so it can be changed or firmware loaded again?

Attachments

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The other 3 cameras you have, I assume they are also 2032 models that you successfully upgraded to 5.3 firmware? Do the other 3 have CCCH in the serial number or are they CCWR?

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To answer Hook3m, The other 3 cameras are 5.2.5 multi-language, I only updated one camera to 5.3 and in addition, all are CCCH serial number.

#1 DS-2CD2032-I20150618CCCH525284070 - Working V5.2.5
#2 DS-2CD2032-I20150608CCCH523962077 - Working V5.2.5
#3 DS-2CD2032-I20150609CCCH524070056 - Working V5.2.5
#4 DS-2CD2032-I20140304CCCH453884078 - Problem camera V5.3

djangel, I did check forum prior for information and have downloaded the file downgrader. I located 2 versions of the downgrader, one specifies a 4 lines and the other does not, I have them both. I did not want to initiate the process until I understood it completely.

This is the 4 lines instructions below.

1. Rename the firmware to digicap.dav (already done)
2. Put the firmware under the same folder of this TFTP (already done)
3. Set the IP of computer as 192.0.0.128
4. Camera's IP can be anyone.
5. Run the tftpserv.exe
6. Power off and power on the Camera. The device will search the new firmware and upgrade it automatically.
7. Please wait until TFTP shows "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!" It takes about 5 minutes.
8. Close the TFTP before the camera reboots.
9. Reboot the camera (down power)
10. Enjoy.

The one concern I have is how to set the computer to 192.0.0.128 while using a... for the most part, static IP address from Xfinity modem. Do I need to go into the gateway through a browser and manually change the setting within the gateway program on that system?
Entering the gateway to change IP, the program instructions give this information below.

Change the IP address assignment method for Online Devices.
If DHCP is selected, the Gateway's DHCP server will automatically assign the IP address.
If Reserved IP is selected, the IP address will be fixed without DHCP operation and you'll need to manually enter the IP address. The IP address must be within the DHCP IP address pool. To find your IP address range, go to Gateway > Connection > Local IP Network.
Reserved IP addresses can be assigned to any device that acts as a server or that requires a fixed IP address.

or use this process:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/FAQ-553.html

Updating post with camera sales info for my information in case I need it later for documentation.

Purchased camera off Amazon under the following product ad title...
Newest Hikvision Multi-language Version V5.2.5 DS-2CD2032-I 4mm Lens 3MP Bullet Camera Full HD 1080P POE Network Outdoor IP CCTV Camera
Sold by: SafeGuard Designs Product question? Ask Seller

Package accepted at the FRESH MEADOWS, NY 11365 USPS sort facility.

Camera arrived in a printed white Hikvision box. The box had white Avery label stickers placed over part of the box label.
I peeled them back revealing the following...
Material Code: 300702085
Lot Number: 4500577237
SF Version: V5.2.0_140721
Date: 11/2014
Made in China
IP Address: 192.0.0.64
Username: admin PW: 12345
UPC code: 6 954273 600426

Part of the label was allowed to be shown by shipping company and this showed a partial serial number of 48986??26 in which the two ?? numbers have been scratched with something and un-readable.

When the camera arrived, Hikvision SADP program showed the camera as
V5.1.2 build 140116
Serial number: DS-2CD2032-I20140304CCCH453884078

I am going to return this camera due to the fact that it was not shipped according to specs of the ad. After reviewing the situation, it has been decided that I will request a refund and not pursue trying to make corrections that the shipper should of had already installed in the camera before I received it. There were just too many discrepancies in the information placed on the box and what was actually in the box when it arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

While doing a firmware update from a Chinese only V5.2.5 to multi-language V5.3.0 firmware, everything seemed to work properly until the very end when it produced a "incorrect language error". Turned unit off and disconnected and rebooted computer. I next went into the SADP program and the unit is present in the lineup, but shows a "0" in the encoding channels. I next tried to open the camera program in the browser using my assigned IP address to the camera and the camera cannot be located or start the Hikvision software.

While in V5.2.5, the Hikvision firmware software never gave any other language choices besides the Chinese language. Since I don't speak Chinese, I decided to update to multi-language V5.3.0 firmware, downloaded from Hikvision web site.
I also have 3 other cameras that are working perfectly at this time and only this recent 4th camera has a problem. I am not sure if possibly the firmware can be copied from one of these other working cameras to this failed one.

All the cameras are identical Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 cameras and are installed through a Xfinity (Comcast modem) for IP, then with a TPLink switch and POE connection. The cameras are viewed using Blue Iris on a security dedicated 2nd PC system.

Below is the properties of the fault camera as shown on the network information.

#4 Camera Serial# DS-2CD2032-I20140304CCCH453884078

How can I correct this incorrect language error when the camera is not running internal software on a browser display, so it can be changed or firmware loaded again?
See here for recovery your ip cam,it work :

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

This cctv ip camera not worck with version V5.3 ,mast recovery v5.2.5

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All you do is change your nic card on PC to 192.0.0.128
Your not after a connection to the Internet to do the downgrade as @djangle has posted all the information is here and most is in the sticky section.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, we succeeded with the 5.3 to 5.2.5 and the camera is back the way it was doing before I updated firmware to 5.3. THANKS for HELP!!!
The Updated and repaired camera is 10.0.0.104

Though the camera is still in a Chinese only language choice condition just as it was before the broke 5.3 firmware.
I need to make change to English as you can see below.

I'll continue to look through forum to see if I can locate the next step for this last fix to enable English and check back here for additional post.

Thanks again for the downgrade info.

UPDATE: I wanted to add this extra information concerning the fixed camera. Apparently Blue Iris will not see the camera when I choose the Hikvision model number I used for the 3 prior identical cameras.
I had to use RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4 which Blue Iris defaulted on for it's locating the camera. This is due to the language conflict of the camera. It is presently working on B.I. now with the 3 other cameras. I Have not yet changed the password either, just in case I decided to return the camera to the company it was purchased if things don't go smoothly. They have been in touch with me, but are rather slow with email returns.

Attachments

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks djangel :cool: , I will look through those links you given to me a little bit later today. It's been busy around home today and have not had time to sit down long enough.

Camera is going to be returned to shipper, see the last statement on the initial thread post I opened with.

Thanks Everyone that responded. :cool:

This thread is completed and can be locked.