5.2.6 - April 22, 2020 - You can now skip updates until changes have been validated as stable by those on the more-frequent update track

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
you have the option to wait for a stable release. The rest of us like the option to upgrade when WE choose and don’t want to wait 6 months. If you have update ocd that causes you to update every single mini release then that’s your problem. If a therapist can’t help you learn to control your impulses move to another vms that only publishes updates annually.
Blue Iris is a great value when you compare other VMS solutions. You pay more with other companies but they have teams who can test updates and only do releases every six months or every year. And even then there are bugs that are not found until users discover them. BI is one developer who wants to get new features to users so they can take advantage of them, with the trade off being users also discover the bugs. I'm happy to pay $60 for BI where I can add as many cameras as my system can handle.

To put the cost into perspective we have Axis Camera Station NVR/Software at one of our sites at work. You have to pay a license PER CAMERA you want to connect. Our NVR with licensing for 16 cameras cost $3,609.11. I have 20 cameras on BI right now for $60 + the free PC I set it up on. Even if I had to buy a PC they go for $500-ish on eBay. To me Blue Iris is more configurable than Axis.

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m quite happy testing and reporting.

The big advantage is that bugs do get fixed quite quickly but the best thing is that you feel involved as the author does listen and adds requests/features which appear again quite quickly.

One thing people seem to forget that BI isn’t really a closed, one manufacturers hardware based system so I can see why bugs appear as I wouldn’t expect the author to have each and every cam to test against.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’m quite happy testing and reporting.

The big advantage is that bugs do get fixed quite quickly but the best thing is that you feel involved as the author does listen and adds requests/features which appear again quite quickly.

One thing people seem to forget that BI isn’t really a closed, one manufacturers hardware based system so I can see why bugs appear as I wouldn’t expect the author to have each and every cam to test against.
Exactly this! I'm far behind on updates because I don't have time to troubleshoot right now. There are times where I do take the plunge because a new feature comes out or I just feel adventurous.

I hear support from him has been hit or miss but the times I've needed him he responds fairly quickly. He even Remoted into my machine once to troubleshoot.

I own a small web development company as a side gig so I understand the time involved and trying to juggle a full time job on top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk