5.3.3. issue with SMB/CIFS

Reaction score
I have couple of turret IP camera from Hikvision (they all have firmware 5.1.1), and have recording to NAS via SMB/CIFS without problems.
I have created couple of network shares with quotas for cameras, every camera see that network share as HDD size when formatting from camera...
Now I have bought couple new IP camera from Hikvision (they all have firmware 5.3.3), but could not achive the same thing as on 5.1.1. regarding CIFS.
I can see only full size HDD (2TB) uninitialised, and not shares with quotas created in NAS, as in earlier cameras. All cameras recording to the same NAS, so the NAS is not problem.

Is there any change in version 5.3.3. regarding CIFS?

Thanks/bbfrankopan

Reaction score
Is it possible to do a downgrade to lower firmware, without bricking the camera?

Reaction score
It seems that 5.3.3 firmware does not recognise user quota settings from NAS.
I have DS-2CD3232-I5 and 2332 turret camera, both on 5.1 version, which recognised quota settings on NAS as HDD (CIFS per user user quota), but 2135F-IS on 5.3.3. does not recognised quota, and sees full HDD size (2TB).
Does anyone outhere knows how to set quota recognition on 2135F-IS with 5.3.3.?

Thanks/bbfrankopan

uralits

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Friend! I also encountered this problem, I can not decide. As you progress with this issue? I'm trying to solve the problem the seller

Reaction score
Nothing smart yet.....
I have workaround solution by creating partitions (if NAS supports)..... e.g. created 5 partitions, one for every camera, and that is working without problems.

uralits

n3wb
Reaction score
Nothing smart yet.....
I have workaround solution by creating partitions (if NAS supports)..... e.g. created 5 partitions, one for every camera, and that is working without problems.
I returned 50% of the money and I hope that will correct an error in the new firmware

CamN

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i buy the 2CD2335 and get the same problem with 5.3.3. Have you some further informations???

CamN

n3wb
Reaction score
I own 3x Hikvision with the 5.2.5 Firmware and record an my Synology NAS wit CFIS. Every Camera has a quote 50GB. Friday I bought a new 2335 with the firmware 5.3.3 . After setup the camera itr show me the total size of the hard disk. I see the message unitialized.

uralits

n3wb
Reaction score
I own 3x Hikvision with the 5.2.5 Firmware and record an my Synology NAS wit CFIS. Every Camera has a quote 50GB. Friday I bought a new 2335 with the firmware 5.3.3 . After setup the camera itr show me the total size of the hard disk. I see the message unitialized.

CamN

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your support!
I upgrade my NAS (DS215J) with a second disk and create partitions for all cams (NFS).

Now it works :peaceful:

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same problem with firmware 5.4.0 hopefully resolved in the next update.