5.3.6 Firmware

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure how your street lighting is, but have you tried setting the camera to day-mode during the night? You may be surprised by the image quality when you have a street light right there.

Also, the IR reflecting off of your license plate and the street light itself may cause the rest of the image to be a bit darker than usual. Can you try aiming it down a bit and park a bit more to the back so both your license plate and the street light aren't in the picture?

MiniOh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hallo,

i updated my 2042 to 5.3.6 too.
With 5.3.3 i had 4 line detection areas. With 5.3.6 its only one area.
Anybody knows why hikvision changed it from 4 to 1?

thx

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hallo,

i updated my 2042 to 5.3.6 too.
With 5.3.3 i had 4 line detection areas. With 5.3.6 its only one area.
Anybody knows why hikvision changed it from 4 to 1?

thx
They did it to ensure the stability of the camera.
And that's all I know about it.

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure how your street lighting is, but have you tried setting the camera to day-mode during the night? You may be surprised by the image quality when you have a street light right there.

Also, the IR reflecting off of your license plate and the street light itself may cause the rest of the image to be a bit darker than usual. Can you try aiming it down a bit and park a bit more to the back so both your license plate and the street light aren't in the picture?
Street lights are not bright enough to stay in daytime mode.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had absolutely no problems with 4 aktiv line areas. -.-
I'm not having any problems with 4 line crossings on my 3 hik 4mp varifocal domes nor my 4mp mini dome either (5.3.3). Hoping hik comes out with a better update soon. I also tried FastCamMan's LtSecurity firmware on my minidome...I liked the speed of the browser and interface however I lost H.264+ (as was mentioned in his thread), so I reverted back. Keeping an eye out for future Hik updates. Thanks for this great thread; love seeing how you guys tweak the software for better night images.

MiniOh

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you have any screenshots of the webinterface from the LT Firmware?
Did you flash the normal firmware from LT Website?