5.5.7.4 - NEW: Persistent ALERT_DB macro values

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
789
Reaction score
781
Location
SF Bay Area
I just received the following reply from Ken in regard to a request to make persistent the value returned by the ALERT_DB macro (it currently expires after database maintenance operations).

OK for version 5.5.7.4, the &ALERT_DB will return a much larger value (be sure to handle 64 bit properly or just treat this as a string with @ at the beginning). This will be recognized as a value that essentially translates to (camera+time) so that it may still be located beyond any database compact or repair.

What this means is that UI3 hyperlinks with the rec= argument should continue to work even after the database has been compacted or repaired.
For example, &WAN/ui3.htm?rec=@&ALERT_DB

I will test and report back on this new feature when 5.5.7.4 is released.

Related posts…
 
Last edited:

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
269
Reaction score
357
Location
USA
This seems to work, I did some quick tests tonight after running the routine (daily style) database maintenance, and most clips played fine in UI3. I did have one or two that gave me issues, but then those also played after running the next higher level of database maintenance/compaction.

Awesome development, kudos to Ken and of course @jaydeel for all the progress getting to here.
 

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Joined
Sep 20, 2017
Messages
675
Reaction score
529
Cross-posting my reply from another thread that discusses this subject:
Hint: maybe this isn't quite "there" just yet.

Also Cross-posting my reply from the same thread. Unsure if your issue could be related or not but I was having issues and turns out it was due to not creating the exceptions in Windows Defender.

 

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
269
Reaction score
357
Location
USA
Also Cross-posting my reply from the same thread. Unsure if your issue could be related or not but I was having issues and turns out it was due to not creating the exceptions in Windows Defender.

Yeah, back in May I was still having occasional issues with Pushover notifications not always resolving the links to UI3 Alerts. That issue was 100% solved about 4 to 6 weeks ago when Ken made some specific changes to the way items can be added to the database. This caused many here to complain that Alerts were broken, but it really meant that they needed to do a one time database Repair/Regenerate, then all was good to go.

So it was a similar problem to yours, but a different cause and resolution.
 
Last edited:
Top