5.6.6 - December 12, 2022

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.6.6 - December 12, 2022
A right-click context menu has been added to the Timeline window.
The concept of “time selection” is introduced. You may either right-click to use the “set
start frame” and “set end frame” commands, or you may double click in the timeline’s date/
time header to select a unit of time (depending on the zoom level) and then Shift+click at
another location. Double-clicking anywhere below the date/time header will invalidate the
selection.
Once time has been selected, it’s now possible to Convert/Export from the viewer’s
Timeline playback mode. The output size and camera layout will mirror what’s currently
shown in the viewer window. An audio track may be included for the selected camera. The
“skip dead air” functionality is available.
Holding control + left or right arrow keys may be used to move forward or backward in the
timeline view to the next or previous time division (depending on the zoom level).

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I haven't seen any posts showing how the new “time selection” feature works, so I thought I'd post a demo.

What I really like...
1. I can now create clips of events that simultaneously playback all cameras in any predefined group.
2. Using the new "multiple camera selection" feature just introduced in v 5.6.7, I can now do the same with any 'ad hoc' group of cameras.

Demo...

Screenshot #1
- Blue Iris application with my 'Driveway' group selected, and a region of interest highlighted in the timeline.

image_1.jpg

Screenshot #2 - Mouse hovering over the timeline banner. Note the cursor changes to a 'hand'.

image_2.png

Screenshot #3 - After shift-double-clicking in the timeline banner. Note that one timeline segment is now selected.
Tip: you can expand/contract the timeline to tweak the segment's width.

image_3.png

Screenshot #4 - After shift-double-clicking in the timeline banner in another time segment. Note that contiguous timeline segments are now selected.

image_4.png

Screenshot #5 - After right-clicking in the timeline banner to show the context menu. Note that the 'hand' icon is ready to select convert/export.

image_5.png

Screenshot #6 - Convert/export window. Note highlighted changes versus the standard dialog.

image_6.png

Result - An MP4 video of multiple cameras showing both trigger events in the region of interest in screenshot #1.

View attachment timeline_1_demo.mp4

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words… but I’m not sure it would help.

From the limited evidence we see in this forum, the help pdf is a write-only document. :rofl:

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words… but I’m not sure it would help… from the limited evidence we see in this forum, the help pdf is a write-only document. :rofl:
Been playing with this as I never use the timeline feature, but this looked useful. Can you tell me how to deselect A time segment once you have dbl clicked it ? So far the only way I see is to set start point or end point to another area. Also, I did manage to get the export thing to work, but only once did it show the temp/timeline but it did work regardless. I tried this mostly on my demo machine, but am experiencing the same issues on my main system.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you tell me how to deselect A time segment once you have dbl clicked it ?
Double-click anywhere in the timeline.
See last sentence in this excerpt from the help pdf.

1671654102002.png

(BTW, Ken has confirmed that the above excerpt contains a error... The "Shift+click at another location" should read as "Shift+double click at another location".)

Last edited: