5 questions HIKVISION

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

Q 1:
Any ideas on how to Get the picture clear? Have not changed settings on the cam. Tried cleaning the lens. Upper right camera (attached picture).

Q2:
In the app the cameraes loades by %. As they Get up to 90-100% it just tells me «network unstable, device not connected» Even though I had live view 10 minutes earlier...
Any thoughts? The internet at my cabin is good

Q3:
Changed angel on left upper camera. Any chance to change angel of camera at NVR? To Get correct picture.

Q4:
My DS-7604NI-E1-4P is beeping every 10 minutes. Is there anywhere I can disable all beeps, sound warnings?

Thank you so much
Best regards

Attachments

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Q5: Recommended app for IPhone and IPad for live streaming?

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Q6:
The live streaming from iPhone/iPad is very unstable. Can watch live for 2 min, and by the next two mins the app says device unreachable. A quick beep on the nvr, and then I can live stream again. Very unstable... any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
- You can try to install and use iVMS-4500 instead.

- Network Unstable: Verify you can live stream all cameras through a hardwired computer. If you can’t this is a network infrastructure issue. If you can but can’t do the same on a wireless device. Confirm you can live stream one single camera for 30 minutes.

If so add another camera to view if you see the network unstable error it’s going to be either your WiFi, Portable Device.

- Resolution: Select HD -> Clear

- Image: If the image slanted you can rotate the lens so it’s level. If the image is upside down you can invert the same in the configuration tab.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Q1 - Looks like the lens has become OOF ( Out Of Focus ) the lens is not sitting square on the sensor usually caused by heat distorting the lens mount and is common in dashcams.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Q1 - Looks like the lens has become OOF ( Out Of Focus ) the lens is not sitting square on the sensor usually caused by heat distorting the lens mount and is common in dashcams.
I agree. The lens is out of focus for whatever reason.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
- You can try to install and use iVMS-4500 instead.

- Network Unstable: Verify you can live stream all cameras through a hardwired computer. If you can’t this is a network infrastructure issue. If you can but can’t do the same on a wireless device. Confirm you can live stream one single camera for 30 minutes.

If so add another camera to view if you see the network unstable error it’s going to be either your WiFi, Portable Device.

- Resolution: Select HD -> Clear

- Image: If the image slanted you can rotate the lens so it’s level. If the image is upside down you can invert the same in the configuration tab.
Thanks! Streaming live view trough a hardwired computer is no problem. Works fine. Tried to download iVMS-4500. The streaming worked 5 minutes, and now it says disconnected. So same problem.

The NVR beeps every 5 minutes.
When i turn the power Off on the NVR, streaming on my mobile works for approx 5 mins, then it says disconnected. Is it possible that the NVR, «goes to sleep» somehow?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks! Streaming live view trough a hardwired computer is no problem. Works fine. Tried to download iVMS-4500. The streaming worked 5 minutes, and now it says disconnected. So same problem.

The NVR beeps every 5 minutes.
When i turn the power Off on the NVR, streaming on my mobile works for approx 5 mins, then it says disconnected. Is it possible that the NVR, «goes to sleep» somehow?
Here’s a simple test to help isolate root cause:

- Delete all cameras from the smart phone app. Add back only a single camera.

- Stand next to the WiFi router.

- Can you stream a single camera at full resolution for at least 30 minutes without issues?

- If the answer is no reduce the camera to its lowest resolution. Can you stream the camera fine now?

If this works and can sustain no less than 30 minutes of viewing. Increase the camera resolution until you get to its maximum of 4-8MP or it stops playing.

Keep in mind these test do not tell you with high confidence if this is a WiFi (bandwidth) issue or the playing hardware like phone / tablet is not powerful enough.

But, if you conduct the same test with a single camera and walk further away from the router at defined intervals and start to see that error message that indicates either poor reception, router is too slow, etc.

If we assume this is just a reception issue move the router to a central point and mount it high on the wall. If it has antennas change their direction and observe the changes. If a single camera can now stream reliability for 30 minutes anywhere in the home you’ve solved one possible issue.

Add a second camera and rinse & repeat once next to the router and the other at defined intervals of spacing (distance).

Keep in mind if the app ever indicates there’s not enough resources / memory that is 100% a phone / tablet issue not being powerful enough.

You can prove that by simply opening a whole bunch of apps and then try to view the live cams. You’ll notice streaming 1-16 cams will run fine once you close apps that consume lots of memory and CPU processing.

If all apps are closed and the out of memory error comes up. If you can view a single camera vs 4-9 etc. Your hardware is too slow and needs to be replaced.