5231-ze time drift

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just checked the NetTime logs and all the other cams are making requests except this one which has already drifted by around 4 seconds since I last manually synced it. My cams ip ranges from 50 to 55, the cam I’m having problems with is .50

Have just reset it to defaults will setup just NTP on it and will take it from there.

View attachment 81267

Last edited:

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The sync with pc feature is not syncing with nettime. To test if nettime sync is working, change the time to 1 hour ahead. Then set the sync interval for 1 min and see if it fixes itself. You will find that it doesnt. You need to allow port 123 UDP.
Thanks for this... UDP not TCP!

Edit: my cameras never synced time and I put it on the list of things future me would troubleshoot. Thanks to fendermans comment, I checked my firewall and was not allowing UDP traffic through for NTP. Changed the rule and all cameras synced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the cam's UI doesn't have TCP/UDP option. if he didn't already have the port open on his FW, none of the cams would be synicng...

maybe try re-assigning the cam's IP to something other than .50? try .56 (for example) just to see if behavior changes...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok confession time

Question - When is 1 not a 1
Answer - When I’m too blind to see it

Turned that I had put in the IP address of my BI PC as 192.168.0.30 instead of 1.30 and no matter how many times I looked at it I didn’t notice/spot it.

My BI PC has dual LAN and 1.30 is the cam subnet, changed it to 1.30 and the cam is now time syncing.

Sorry for wasting people’s time but I still have learned a few things as a result of my blindness

Just need to sort out the non working microphone now, anybody have pictures of the inside of these cams, is the mic a plug in device or is it part of the main board? Wondering if it’s simply not plugged in, will pull the cam over the weekend and investigate.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad you got the NTP config sorted... in the hidsight dept: if you had posted the time config page from that cam and a working cam, someone may have noticed the issue earlier and saved a lot of head-scratching...

yes, mic should have a connector that could theoretically have come loose (or maybe just not properly mated at assembly time)...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure that the audio didn't get unchecked - especially if you did an update, it may be unchecked. Also disable noise reduction for the mic.

Try those two before you take the camera down!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure that the audio didn't get unchecked - especially if you did an update, it may be unchecked. Also disable noise reduction for the mic.

Try those two before you take the camera down!
I have checked and tested this before but given the above I’ll check again.

There is audio being recorded but it just sounds like static.