oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is my settings but will like some opinions,to make it more clear.Thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a less than ideal angle, but we have made bad angles work here.

Up the bitrate and match i-frame to FPS.

Turn on backlight HLC - start with 50

Lower the gain and NR

Here are my settings:

1612059192400.png

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that last shot, except the angle will always make it hard to distinguish W, M, H, N, G, C, 6, Y, V, B, 8, X, and K. Possibly others.

This is why we always, always, always say test the location BEFORE mounting.

You could try more zoom.

Here are my settings, but everyone's situation is different. Angle, Lighting, Speed of cars, etc. will cause differences in the image. The best bet is to vary only one setting at a time until you understand how changes to that setting impacts your video. The EXPOSURE settings will impact the most. Second is the PICTURE, and then BACKLIGHT and WB.

LPR-W Night Settings 1-9-21.JPG

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im using a lorex nvr for now, i try lower the grade but i got a bad image like grainy.Here is the camera like 8'
Here is 1 more just now,
looks like you have more room to move the camera to the left, if there is nothing blocking the view from getting plate.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[QUOTE="wittaj, post: 525990, member: 75149"

Here are my settings:

[/QUOTE]

I see you have the sharpness turned WAY down. I have never played with that, what is the benefit?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sharpness is what I would compare to almost like a noise reduction. When I am setting up a new camera, I go to both extremes of each setting to see its affect. No sharpness and the grainy dots disappear but the picture also looks a little blurry and details are lost. Sharpness at 100 and lots of little dots appear and it is hard to make out details because it is overcompensating. So for normal camera purposes, it is finding that balance to get the details but not be too soft.

I found that going with it way down resulted in more "pop" of the plate off the screen and eliminated the dots at night. All I care about is the plate and knocking that down resulted in picking up more plates that were dirty or paper. I'll see if a dirty plate came through recently and post a pic.

But here is a representative plate at 175 feet out. There was a lot more little dots in the plate when I ran the sharpness higher.

1612105075714.png