5442 impossible to correct color balance

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stay away from the cheap unknown name POE switchs. Most of them have iffy power supplies.
Stick with the major name brands. I have had excellent luck with Netgears ProSafe line of POE switchs.
Also, the IPcampower switchs get good reviews.
Any suggestion for a 16 port POE/POE+ unmanaged?

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been using used HP ProCurve J9624A 2620-24 Ethernet Switch 12-Port PoE, 12-Port Non-PoE for 2 years now. I currently have one serving my first floor and a second serving my second floor. These unit are cheap and do the job well. So cheap that I keep spares on hand.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No specs are given. A leap of faith best I can tell.

Additionally, needing a spare on hand in order to feel at peace with this solution prevents me from being at peace

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Additionally, needing a spare on hand in order to feel at peace with this solution prevents me from being at peace
It's a common commercial poe switch, you can look up the specs on HP's site. Haven't had one fail but have an extra unit that I can deploy elsewhere or use as backup. It's an affordable solution for providing power and switching.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score

It’s eBay what we’re you expecting? A quick Google will get you all the info and user manuals to keep you busy for hours.

I also use a HP switch, got mine off FB market place for £20 plus fuel as I drove to collect it. Mine is a 2530 24 port and I’ve been using it for well over a year now with no issues. Be warned though, with these commercial switches they can be loud. In mine I’ve had to add some resistors inline with the power to the fans to quieten it down. I also have another switch as a spare, not a HP and not because I’m afraid that the HP will die, these things are built like a tank but because it’s nice to have the bits to hand should I need to quickly do some bench testing.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Warranties are overrated in the sense that it is easy to say there is a warranty, but getting that promise fulfilled can be very frustrating.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here in Australia it's actually quite easy, as there are laws that cover factory defects for the 'reasonable lifespan of the item', even if the advertised warranty period has elapsed. This prevents companies from making/selling cheap or shoddy products that are designed to break down just outside of a year.

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm the images you posted appear to be low bitrate and cropped

Can you post a shot of a full size full res image?
What are you using to view/capture the image?

What is your bitrate?
H.264?
Have you tried playing with the WB setting?
I typically add some saturation and contrast to many of my 5442s. The caps I show are running 60 contrast and saturation, 8192 CBR, WDR 10
I am also having a blue-ish color issue with one of my 5442s during certain times of the, I think it is a field of view issue. Backlight compensation is needed due to all the shadows, so I was running WDR at 20% but changed it to 45% and WB set from auto to outdoor, this seemed to fix the color issue, but I noticed with WDR on (20% or 45%) there were weird pixel issues on window frames and the side of one tree. So I have changed to BLC, it seems to have stopped the pixel issues and color seems to be okay.

Anyone running BLC still instead of WDR?