5442 ip reset

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure what is happening, but when I change the ip, my camera becomes inaccessible.

once complete I am not able to access the camera. My router shows the new ip of the device as set, but I cannot reach it on the ip I set.

I am setting my computer back to its normal ip 0.99. Camera is 10.4. Router set to all profiles so access is there. I have another camera that is 10.2 and it is fine.

am I missing something super fundamental? With the new ip appearing in my router, I have to think the issue is at the camera. I have reset the camera to start again. I have tried to power cycle, but nothing seems to get me access. So figured to ask if I am being dense or if there is a potential issue with the camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am setting my computer back to its normal ip 0.99. Camera is 10.4. Router set to all profiles so access is there. I have another camera that is 10.2 and it is fine.
A cam is 10.4 and another is 10.2 but PC is 0.99?
Are these cams plugged into a POE NVR?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
If the new camera IP appears in the router, then it is likely NOT a problem with the camera. Something else is going on with your network that you cannot access that camera's IP address. Personally I would change the computer IP to a static IP in the same range of the camera and I bet you will be able to connect to it just fine.

Last edited:

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Turns no out it was a networking issue on my end and I forgot to tag the port accordingly

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. What did you do to correct the issue?
you only have one untagged vlan and that is usually default. If you have a security vlan you have to set the port profile to it as opposed to all. Reason being, the camera does not appear to support vlan tagging/trunking so the port has to be the profile of the subnet/vlan it is on.

dabflyboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you only have one untagged vlan and that is usually default. If you have a security vlan you have to set the port profile to it as opposed to all. Reason being, the camera does not appear to support vlan tagging/trunking so the port has to be the profile of the subnet/vlan it is on.
Ah ok. I'll give that a look. I may have messed that up. Thanks.