5442 Motion Detection Reenabling Itself

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two 5442s that seem to reenable Motion Detection and Video Tamper on their own. Looking at the log, it records the setting change with Username "System" Log Type "Save Configuration". It seems to occur after a reboot, but 1 minute after I login to the web interface. There are other times in the log where I see I've changed it, then 4 minutes later it changes itself back. Any thoughts as to what causes this? I like to keep them disabled and use IVS object detection.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say shut off the auto re-boot unless you have specific need to have the cameras re-boot.

System > Auto Maintain

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never seen that with a power cycle, but then again I don't power cycle my cameras.

Where di you buy the cameras from? If they're from ndy drop him an email and see what he has to say. That isn't "normal" behavior for them.

Last edited:

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
I've never seen that with a power cycle, but then again I don't power cycle my cameras.

Where di you buy the cameras from? If they're from ndy drop him an email and see what he has to say. That isn't "normal" behavior for them.
thanks for the suggestion. I did get them from Andy

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using BI? I very vaguely remember this being done by BI in some cases. I apologize in advance if I'm unjustly slandering BI. Just leaving a clue in case it's helpful.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I said I don't normally power cycle my cameras but thinking about it I did power cycle a 5442T-AS yesterday. I just went back and checked and all settings are the way I left them. I also use Blue Iris and have never seen it change a setting in any camera, but as with everything YMMV.

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
Felt a little bit like I was going crazy. I make a setting change, logout, and then it changes itself back. It even changes sometimes before I logout. Was happy to see it picked up in the camera log, but obviously annoyed that it is happening.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What browser are you using? Some Dahua cameras are pretty sensitive to what browser is used. IE seems to be the "go to" or Chrome with the IE plug-in. I've also had success with Pale Moon 32 bit, but Chrome with the IE plug-in seems to work quite well.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So what are you using. Maybe try to figure out what the problem you're having with IE and use that.

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
I originally used Edge until I found all the additional features that work only with IE. I have set the motion detecting off with both browsers and it has reenabled. Not sure if that answered your last post or not.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And another thread...IE is you best bet. And many of us have found to hit save 3 times and then the refresh button to confirm it stuck...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@tigerwillow1 Interesting about that. I missed that thread somehow. I have yet to experience it though.

Next question is what firmware is on the camera? Mine are on V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03 What version of BI are you running?

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
Next question is what firmware is on the camera? Mine are on V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03 What version of BI are you running?
I'm running V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18

BI is at 5.3.9.13. I had to update to latest to get Apple push notifications to work.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Because your camera has been registered with imou life.
The other party can change the camera settings from imou life.
Try close p2p and easy4ip.

StarAPI

n3wb
Reaction score
Because your camera has been registered with imou life.
The other party can change the camera settings from imou life.
Try close p2p and easy4ip.
Not registered with imou life. Never heard of it, had to Google to figure out what you were referring to. P2P has never been enabled.