5442 web login timeout and need to re-log in

ipmania

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm slowly inching my way along with my infrastructure. I've got an Andy 5442 hooked up on a temporary 2x4. Working fine. I'm just viewing it via its web interface right now, tinkering with the settings, etc. No Blue Iris interaction just yet.

If I'm away from the web page for some period of time, it asks me to log in again with a prompt.

5442 login timeout prompt.png

("Authorize failed, Please login again!")

Is there a place in the settings where I can disable this (set it to an infinite amount of time before timing out)?

For now, it's annoying. Hopefully, there isn't a problem with disabling this. Currently, the cameras are on my home network and I've used my hardware firewall to disable their access to the Internet.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Some of the older models had:

Main Menu-Setting-System-General-General---set Auto Logout to 0

But most of the recent ones haven't

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
No. It was never really designed for that.
not it's intended usage.
You log in and make some change. and then view how that looks, so forth. usually will stay open for 15 minutes or so.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Being that this thread is specifically about the 5442 series camera, the question would be "Is there a way to allow a 5442 camera password to be remembered in Chrome?"

Over years I've never figured out a way, so if there is a google answer, could somebody this one time be bothered and point me to it?

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are just looking for a way to view your camera infinitely, simply just use VLC player. Select network stream, type in rtsp:/cameras IP and enter user/pass when prompted

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For google help, the thing to search for is "HTML <input> autocomplete Attribute". Info from the first hit at HTML input autocomplete Attribute reveals:
Capture1.JPG

Then you can find in the camera's login code:
Capture.JPG

Of course if you knew what to search for, you probably already knew the answer. For myself, I set up a Autohotkey script to login to the cameras with a single keystroke.