63 Camera Conversion

Everwatch

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgrading client from 960h to TVI cameras and a few IP cameras and 1 LPR. Total number will be 63. We plan on using Hikvision or an OEM'd Alibi. Cameras will be 5mp.
Current monitoring station has 4 monitors. Looking at the 2ea DS-9032HUI-K8. I will max out the hdds @ 32TB each.

Now... How do I allow them to Live view them? IVMS 4200? What kind of monster PC will handle that?
One of my techs suggested to extend the monitor feeds to the security desk. Each DVR has 1 HDMI and one VGA and you can specify what cameras are shown on which output. But I am not a fan of the DVR interface and prefer IVMS.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Everwatch,

You say a Client? are you in the security Biz? Reason I ask is because if you get your hardware from Ali you might be VERY screwed if hardware issues happen, Just some friendly advice, that being said I use Dahua stuff and i have done it both ways. I really like using HDMI over IP and running it to large monitors, I will also run one for a mouse so they can control the NVR or DVR if they need to enlarge a picture. How many cams do you want to view per viewing station? I have one PC with a I5 intel basic workstation viewing 48 cams using smartPss and it does just fine, the bosses love it. I also have 40" Hi Def TV's viewing 16 cams direct feed from NVR and they are also pleased with the setup. I cannot speak for the Hikvision stuff but Using a hdmi over IP to extend your video works really well for me. How far is the run? Most converters will do 60 to 100 Feet with no issue, more expensive ones can go a lot further if needed. Have you looked at the Dahua stuff by chance? Just throwing that out there.

Everwatch

n3wb
Reaction score
Ooh, not aliexpress... I was talking about alibi security. We do not buy gray market. For this job, We may just use a couple of decoders and do a video wall. They can then use the vms to interact with the dvrs

We are considering moving away from Hik due to the bad press. It is tough to switch since the techs have gotten so proficient with the whole ecosystem.