7608N-E2/8P Back panel alarm input information please

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster just beginning to put a system together. Thanks to the contributors for the wealth of resource information available on the forum. I plan to use DS-7608N-E2/8P as NVR. Can anyone enlighten me to the function of the back panel alarm inputs on the nvr? Can they be used with discrete pir sensors, reeds ? If so can they trigger recording? Are they merely N/O N/C configuration. The user guide does not appear to discuss any of this so the nvr may not have the ability to use these inputs outside of specially configured cameras. Apologies if I have missed this information already posted but I think I've done a comprehensive search. Also, am I correct in my understanding that Chinese 2Cd 2032 - I labelled as V 5.3 .0 but running multi language firmware 5.2.5 cannot be be downgraded to 5.1.6. Thanks again for such a valuable resource- without it I probably would have chosen a system that I would most likely have been disappointed with longer term.

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
After further research I've managed to answer my own question.
This NVR does not have any back panel alarm inputs or outputs. I have finally managed to find a photo of the back panel which confirms this. On the web, including both eBay and aliexpress sellers, there are specifications for this recorder which either include or exclude external alarm functions. It appears that the "NI" model includes this function but I have also seen the "N" advertised as an "NI" I guess the moral of this post is to choose carefully if the external alarm inputs are important to your install.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where were you 6 months ago? :) I found out the hard way, but at the end gave me an excuse to buy more cameras with Alarm I/O. So win win for me. Just be careful, this "hobby" will get expensive really quick.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw those alarm I/O's as well when I was looking for an NVR.

I got a 7608NI-E2/8P and yeah doesn't have any alrm I/Os. The difference between the N and the NI as far as I know is one (N) is a China region model and the NI is the international export English model.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVRs with alarm I/O have the /A suffix at the end of the model number and are mainly targetted for the European market. I do not know about the US market.

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the problem for buyers from either aliexpress or ebay is that sellers tend to be using two generic specifications interchangeably without reference to the device they are selling. I've not seen the "/A" suffix listed on the above sites but it seems this is yet one more bit of information 7600 series buyers might add to their knowledge base. My advice from my searches would be to ask the seller specifically what external alarm I/O exists on the back panel. Point out that this is different from RS-485. If alarm I/O is important maybe there are safer options to the 7600 series if not buying from an authorised seller in your country. Just another challenge to making sense of Hikvision products but a challence I've decided I'm prepared to take :)