A bear visitor?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not positive that this is a bear but by the size and distance, I suspect it is. One of my old Dericam H502W cameras captured a short video of it. It was only in the video capture for a couple of seconds because one of my motion activated sprinklers scared it off.

Unfortunately my other HD cameras weren't pointed in that direction, so they missed the action. This is the best I could do with a snapshot from the video. Is this a bear or not?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it might be a Sasquatch video distortion field.. they screw up video cameras, thats why all the videos of it are so blurry and crap, or thats the excuse theory.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it might be a Sasquatch video distortion field.. they screw up video cameras, thats why all the videos of it are so blurry and crap, or thats the excuse theory.
ROFL

TiGeR

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most likely too big to be a Cockapoo and too small to be Sasquatch (unless it's a toddler Bigfoot).

Maybe the creature that showed up here almost 3 years ago came to visit again?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most likely too big to be a Cockapoo and too small to be Sasquatch (unless it's a toddler Bigfoot).

Maybe the creature that showed up here almost 3 years ago came to visit again?

What the heck is that? A river otter? ALF? The offspring of a river otter and armadillo? Maybe somebody had a Coati as a pet and it escaped?
alf-show.jpg

You most recent video doesn't look like a bear to me but the video is pretty poor. Bears don't have tails that look like your video. The current video might be a dog, fisher, or wolverine.

http://si-vmarcgis01.si.edu/nam/

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That creature gives me the willies Lare. It reminds me of this...

Howling winds keep screaming round
And the rain comes pouring down
Doors are locked and bolted now
As the thing crawls into town

Straight out of hell
One of a kind
Stalking his victim
Don't look behind you
Nightcrawler

Beware the beast in black
Nightcrawler
You know he's coming back
Night Crawler

Sanctuary is being sought
Whispered prayers a last resort
Homing in its' cry distorts
Terror struck they know they're caught

Straight out of hell
One of a kind
Stalking his victim
Don't look behind you

Nightcrawler
Beware the beast in black
Nightcrawler
You know he's coming back
Night Crawler

As night is falling
The end is drawing near
They'll hear
Their last rites echo on the wind
Huddled in the cellar
Fear caught in their eyes
Daring not…

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The Night Crawler video is not available. No worries, I can play the song back in my head. :)

As for the creature in the first video, it looks like a black dog with a shaggy tail taking off to me. Definitely not a black bear and I've seen more than a few. As for your other little friend, chupacabra?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What the heck is that? A river otter? ALF? The offspring of a river otter and armadillo? Maybe somebody had a Coati as a pet and it escaped?

You most recent video doesn't look like a bear to me but the video is pretty poor. Bears don't have tails that look like your video. The current video might be a dog, fisher, or wolverine./
There's been many guesses over the last couple of years but nobody knows for sure what it is. Some of the guesses have been a Wallaby, Wallaroo, Raccoon with mange, Coyote with mange, Fox with mange, ET and of course ALF. Whatever it is, it had to climb a 6' fence to get onto my property. I think it's a grown-up Aye Aye. :peaceful:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As for the creature in the first video, it looks like a black dog with a shaggy tail taking off to me. Definitely not a black bear and I've seen more than a few. As for your other little friend, chupacabra?
It does appear to have a long tail which would eliminate a bear. A friend suggested it might be a very large cat or possibly a panther.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You guys are all wrong. Any cat can tell ya it's a Kangaroo.

TiGeR