A Couple of Wildlife Captures

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every day lately it seems I see a mockingbird (like yours) going after a crow, another bird, human, etc....anything alive that get's into its territory or too close to its nest.
A couple of weeks ago, a Blue Iris install at a local tanning salon captured a duo foiling a crow that most likely was going after some eggs in their nest (I've witnessed such in the past). Look out the door at the sidewalk.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't know what type of bird this was. I see them frequently in the back of the house. They go after cats walking on the dirt road that is below our house. They must have nests in nearby trees.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
might have been after the squirrels nuts ouch.. have you had any visits from that big cat lately. you have some great wildlife around your area,

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
might have been after the squirrels nuts ouch.. have you had any visits from that big cat lately. you have some great wildlife around your area,
No big cat sightings this year. October of last year was the last sighting. There have been other sightings here in the San Francisco bay area every couple of months. Regarding the squirrel, we have an apricot tree just below the deck. The apricots are just about ripe. The squirrel likes to grab an apricot and bring it up to the deck rail and eat it there.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Squirrels will raid bird nests and kill/eat baby birds.