A Few Questions on New Setup

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far my new setup seems pretty decent but I cant seem to get my frame rate past 50, change or see if I am on PAL or NTSC.

My NVR is 52084ks2 and my cameras are sd49225 and sd59225

All firmware is up to date I bought all the cams with Logo from Andy.

a lot of the settings etc. do not jive with the manual. like how to select NTSC or PAL

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Frame Rate of 50 is PAL, you'd have to update the firmware to NTSC (there are different files for most cameras one for PAL and one for NTSC, I think some of the new firmware are starting to be a single file and you can choose the format after the flash) to get up to 60 but why do you need more than 10-20? 50 - 60 FPS allow for better slow motion video but usually with security footage you aren't going for impressive slow motion videos your usually interested it the best still shots you can get at different angles and 10-20 FPS should be sufficient for most cases. The higher the FPS the more storage you will need for the same length of video, if you have just 1 camera it doesn't matter much but as you add more cameras it quickly becomes too expensive to try to retain that high of a frame rate.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the firmware for NTSC?

I upgraded I thought to the latest.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What Terk said! I started out with a 4 camera system and wanted the frame rates as high as I could get them for smooth video. Then it hit me. We are not inviting the neighbors over to sit around with popcorn watching security video footage. We just want to check on something and perhaps gather information for police. Also, lets just say you go on a two week vacation and someone breaks into your house shortly after you leave. Lets also assume you have hidden your NVR so that it doesn't get taken by the dipsh . . .uh . . . criminals. If you are recording at 50 fps you might not have that video when you return. If you had set 10fps, you could very well still have it.

So I started lowering frame rates to see what would still provide all of the useful information I might require. I got down to 10 FPS and that is what I use now. Yeah, the video is a little jittery, but I still get as much useful information as I would at 50 or 60 fps, PLUS instead of a few days of storage I would get somewhere just under a month. At least I would have if I hadn't installed a couple more cameras. I'm up to 12 now.

Wayne

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,
Yes I do agree with the above comments.I thought the cameras would come with NTSC due to me specifying that when I ordered them.
Turns out the SD-49225-HN was PAL. I upgraded the devices firmware to the latest NTSC firmware on dahua’s Website and I can now change the values.
Also my firmware was the correct version for the NVR.
All is well except a small issue with stripped screw heads on the SD49225. One screw was completely buggered up and it was a huge pain to remove. I am afraid to put it back in with fears of never being able to change a card or do a hard reset.
Any info for the size of these 4 screws? I’ll try posting another thread.