A LOCO M-5 Linksys EA7500 No Connection (RESOLVED)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Strange issue for sure.
LOCO-M5 in bridge mode/AP Tested on 3 different routers and 2 switches AND WORKS FINE. No connectivity issue, static IP
Linksys EA7500 will NOT even see the LOCO..Period, no ping NADA, Does anybody know if I need to set or disable security feature on this router to make it see the loco.
I have already defaulted the router, put it on my network, works fine with all devices. If I plug the LOCO into a 10/100 switch, then the plug it into the router, it see's it.
I manually added it to the reserve by Mac and still no beans on the EA7500.
Works fine on my asus router and two older routers I have hanging around, so all connections and cables are good before you ask.
I had another M5 Loco and fired it up, same issue.

Here is a link from another form, my issue is pretty much the same issue.
Nanostation Loco 2 & Linksys EA7500 router | Ubiquiti Community

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I read it all, even another link that was inside the info and arrived to the understanding that the Linksys EA7500 of that run or build is problematic...Doesn't seem to be a Ubiquiti issue, IMO....at least not from the info provided. :idk:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I read it all, even another link that was inside the info and arrived to the understanding that the Linksys EA7500 of that run or build is problematic...Doesn't seem to be a Ubiquiti issue, IMO....at least not from the info provided. :idk:
Thanks Tony,
I know I have way too much time into this, the hell of this is its a clients router,it all started as a simple Access Point Job on her farm, I pre configured the Nano and even tested it at her place with my laptop before installing it in her router, I was really not a happy camper when we had plenty of signal but no internet. I do believe its also a Linksys issue and not a Ubiquiti issue. Its a fairly new router according to her, I just might call linksys and see if they have any answers.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Tony,
I know I have way too much time into this, the hell of this is its a clients router,it all started as a simple Access Point Job on her farm, I pre configured the Nano and even tested it at her place with my laptop before installing it in her router, I was really not a happy camper when we had plenty of signal but no internet. I do believe its also a Linksys issue and not a Ubiquiti issue. Its a fairly new router according to her, I just might call linksys and see if they have any answers.
UPDATE: I did call Linksys, they were fairly decent, They had NO answer but I did let them know that there is a bug in the router, they are suppose to get the engineering department involved and see what they say, I did also let them know that the router is not doing what its suppose to do. They said give us 24 hours and they will get back to me.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I never did get a e-mail or phone call back from them, then tonight I got a e-mail back for a survey on how I made out...WHAT..so I called them again, I got a gal and she went through EVERYTHING again, when I plugged in the router in, it defaulted back to the 10.71.x.x subnet, I thought that was strange but I have never used this router before but knew it should not be doing this, it was doing it after a hard reset. The firmware was up to date however she sent me a link to a older version and said the version I have is no longer available. I re flashed it and the router's default IP Pool went back to the standard 192.168.1.x ., I plugged in the Nano but could not reach it using the ubiquity tool. She had me set the nano to DHCP, and BOOM, I saw the lan light come to life for the first time, ran the ubiquity tool and it picked it up. I was able to log in through the router and have access to ubiquity's gui. In this case persistence paid off, guess it was a bad image or a bug in the firmware, Very happy now. I will make sure auto firmware Update is off and leave things be. One caveat is the Nano station does NOT show up on the Linksys Network map but I do not care Its working. :wave: