A New Doorbell

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my Dahua branded DB-6I this week from B&H, and can confirm that the API for revealing button push is there as I had expected. This is working great for me, pushing the button sends the signal through the API to my Home Assistant automation which sends an MQTT event to an ESP8266 which closes a relay to ring the physical chime. Total delay is barely noticeable and definitely less than a second.
I'm seeing a price of 255.58 on B&H. Is that right? If so I hope that is Canadian $...

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Buy it from Andy. You'll save some money.

Andy
IPCT Thread

Andy's Store

King Security/EmpireTech Store

Email
Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com
Still hoping I did not completely kill my Ezviz DB1C (replaced the battery, now it won't boot, maybe it just needs time to charge). If I killed it, then the DH-DB-6I looks like a good bet. I am guessing this is still special order/email with Andy?
I am starting to miss the dumb doorbell I removed, reliable and provides a faint glow at night ;)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a DB1C, too. What a POS. It reboots itself roughly 100 times a day so the config is never there anymore. All I use it for is a camera since it no longer rings the doorbell since the config gets reset every time it reboots. I could spend my days and nights reconfiging it. What junk!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
st
I have a DB1C, too. What a POS. It reboots itself roughly 100 times a day so the config is never there anymore. All I use it for is a camera since it no longer rings the doorbell since the config gets reset every time it reboots. I could spend my days and nights reconfiging it. What junk!
strange.. mine has been solid ever since day 1.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
st

strange.. mine has been solid ever since day 1.
Seems like Chinese luck. If you get a good one, its all aces. Mine is not as bad as Sebastian's, but it would never reconnect after a power outage. Since we get the odd power blip about once every 3 months here it was annoying to put it mildly. I thought I could replace the LiPo battery and see if that would help it "keep it's settings". I may have overstimated my soldering skills...

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was also confused by B&H listed price as It clearly shows the DH-DB6I price as $255.58 (USD) upon a search.

However, if you logon to B&H, it will show you "their price" as $181.95.

DB6I.png

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Andy / @EMPIRETECANDY -

Are you able to confirm with Dahua what the situation is with the DB6I latest firmware update? From a post here a few weeks ago, it was reported that the latest update had completely disabled the HTTP API support on this device. This breaks integration with Home Assistant (and others) for subscribing to events, such as motion detection and doorbell presses.

If this is confirmed as the way forward, this is an absolute deal breaker.

Thanks for your time!

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about this alternative replacement integration. Just read through the limitations/polling issues beyond the fact it is cloud based. Ugh, far from ideal.

@green1 reported that reverting the firmware to the previous version restores local control and "standard" Dahua API LOCAL support. I'm sure hoping Amcrest doesn't follow suit with their SmartHome devices.

green1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using the recently developed Imou Life integration for my DB11 doorbell. Though it's cloud based, the event notifications work reliably. This integration would also work with your DB6I.
Thanks for finding that, But with the limitations, and the cloud based system, I have to agree with GaryOkie:
Ugh, far from ideal.
This looks like a major step backwards and would make it very difficult to recommend this product to anyone wanting to integrate the doorbell into any other system. After downgrading the firmware again, things are working properly for me, but I can tell you I won't be re-upgrading, and I would certainly think long and hard before buying one of these as a replacement if I ever need to.

Reaction score
Is this still the case with the firmware blocking HTTP API support? If so, what doorbells has everyone moved to?