A quick few questions if I may!

Benji

n3wb
Reaction score
Waiting on a response from milkisbad but I know he's a busy guy so don't want to bother him! Thought I'd ask you lot instead :)

1) Are turrets always preferred over domes? It seems like EXIR is the way forwards over straight IR and there seems to be concerns over IR reflections from the domes themselves and is getting the WDR versions worth it?

It would seem that the bullet cams would be a better choice than domes if price were an issue or am I missing something about the benefits of domes?

2) Are the casings metal or plastic? It seems there is some debate over what is what depending on where you order from?
4) It seems that the 2MP cameras have a larger CMOS sensor than the 3 or 4MP cameras, from the discussions I have seen it would seem that means they would be better at low light or is it better to trade off some low light performance for more resolution? If it's better to trade off low light performance for resolution from what I can tell it seems to be better to jump straight to the 4MP instead of saving the little difference and getting the 3MP versions?

​Your help is appreciated!