A Tale of Two Delivery Drivers...

Travis798

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's amazing the differences between drivers. I've had the same (mostly) UPS driver for over 20 years. He will come through the gate and place packages in my, I call it a breezeway, some may call it a vestibule or mud room, and he rings the bell before walking away. He doesn't deliver all the time now, and the other driver I think is scared of my dog and leaves packages outside the front gate next to the fence.

No USPS delivery here so I can't comment on them, I have to go to the post office to pick up that mail. It really sucks because they are only open 4 hours a day.

Fedex is kind of a crap shoot, but they have gotten better at calling to try to locate the address and at least attempting delivery. Once upon a time, they would occasionally put them as deliverable or pass them off to the post office, back when the post office was open a full day.

DHL apparently doesn't deliver here. I've seen them here years ago but I have a camera coming through them, tracking just shows it "forwarded for deliver" only July 3rd and stops. I'm assuming they handed it to the post office, but at this point I have no idea.

*Edit *

Typing this made me check tracking, and I'm hoping "Delivered - Signed for by: LEFT LTR BOX " means it's at the post office

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It appears that UPS and Amazon takes a pic of the package on my doorstep. It seems most of the time FedEx rings my doorbell, usually one or two different guys, and UPS sometimes, depending on the size of the (large) package.

USPS once in awhile will ring, but one time a temporary replacement left the package on the back of my mailbox tee, which is about 80ft away from the house. Pretty good area, so wasn't worried about it, but there's more and more development going up, used to be in the country.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
We usually have excellent service from all of the carriers. There's no good place to hide packages at our porch, perhaps I should build some sort of "hide" for them to use. Then again, we have never had anything stolen.

The only problem I've had that I can remember is a few weeks back when USPS delivered one of my packages to the wrong house. A week or so later, our regular USPS person brought it by, and said a substitute carrier left it at the wrong house, and the people there opened it before realizing that it wasn't for them. No problem. I didn't need the stuff right away.

The main problem in my area is wind blowing packages far away from where they started. The drivers try to stick things in the door, or put something heavy on items, or under a door mat, etc. I should build a "drop box" that they can use to hide and secure packages from the wind. At least for small or lightweight packages.