A Truck with chemical gas explode on 7th in China

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing the two who died were the 2 on top of the truck. It looks as if they were suffocated by the gas as they tried to get off. At least they were dead / unconscious before they burned. Wonder what they were doing opening a hatch on a full truck? The pipe outlets were surely on the back. The guy who went through the fence was very lucky.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Another video before explode

Yeah that's the part I saw as the 2nd part in your original link. It definately looks like asphyixiation. If you remove the oxygen completely you're unconsious in seconds. Happens a lot in enclosed spaces on ships and in tanks - the rust removes the 02 someone enters and within 2-3 seconds they're unconcious. Here at the base of the ladder you can briefly see a guy but being completely enveloped that's my guess. Either that, or I've heard that liquid propone is one of the most poisonous substances on earth and soaks through the skin.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unlike the guy who was standing there watching, and actually walked towards the leaking truck, I would have been out of the area as soon as I saw that!
And the 2 that were going away down at the bottom were NOT running hard and they kept looking back...until the fire came toward them and THEN you could see how fast they COULD run! If they had run like that at the onset neither would likely have been set of fire like they were, albeit not engulfed. They too were lucky.