A46 indoor record on nvr?

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anybody able to record A46 on NVR5216?
I can see A46 video in gfmss and also on smartpss.
Nvr can see a46 and I added in cameras via smartpss. Nvr can not record video from a46. in fact live view under under keeps searching for video? Any pointer or help.

without nvr record a46 is useless to me. i may try to send it back.

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Works for me on BI which leads me to believe it would work for any nvr?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It records to my NVR. I forgot what I did to set it up but I remember I had issues getting it to record on the NVR when I first got it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd try, setting the cam back to factory defaults with the reset button, then plug it into the NVR, wait 5 minutes, and see if the nvr auto configs it.
If you already have it lised in the NVR, delete from the list first.

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks all. I will try reset and nvr auto config. But I was hoping that I record NVR while on WiFi. NVR is connected to router via ethernet wire, and A46 connects to same router via wifi.
It records to my NVR. I forgot what I did to set it up but I remember I had issues getting it to record on the NVR when I first got it.
Is A46 connected via ethernet to NVR or via wifi to a router (same router to which NVR is also connected)?

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My A46 is recording to my NVR wirelessly but I think that I had to add my camera thru wired first then connect it wirelessly. After that I modifed the IP address of the camera to its new IP when connected wirelessly

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought, I will to try reset and connect to NVR via a wired connection. Before trying, I thought that let me try wireless first and then reset. But the camera won't even switch on. It has been sitting idle (unplugged). Hmm. I guess, I will request a return. Sorry Andy, I have to return it.

BTW, my other 6 Dahua Cams and NVR (all from Andy) have been working rock solid. I guess A46 is not ready for market yet.

Last edited:

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought, I will to try reset and connect to NVR via a wired connection. Before trying, I thought that let me try wireless first and then reset. But the camera won't even switch on. It has been sitting idle (unplugged). Hmm. I guess, I will request a return. Sorry Andy, I have to return it.

BTW, my other 6 Dahua Cams and NVR (all from Andy) have been working rock solid. I guess A46 is not ready for market yet.
Sorry I just saw your message . awhile back someone mentioned their a46 wouldn't power on but someone else suggested to try a different power supply and that fixed it

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
That happened to me. Changed power supply and camera had been great since.

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oops. I already returned it. By power supply, do you mean the power cord and power plug it came with?

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. Had to change the power brick.