A46 Wired Connected, How to configure to Wireless

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a A46. It is connected to a router via ethernet (wired) and gets IP address 192.168.1.107 (A46 is set for DHCP, but router reserves 192.168.1.107 to the MAC of A46).

A 5216 (Dahu NVR) is also connected to this router via ethernet. But at present it is irrelevant.

I have connected a laptop to same router via wifi and I successfully added A46 in SmartPSS via ip address (I used add via IP address). Now I can configure profile, video encoding (frame rate, codec etc), by clicking setting (gear icon) in Smart PSS (Config Device), but I do not see any option to enter configure wifi on the A46 (SSID/password).

So how do I connect A46 to Wifi? Any hints ?

Thank you and appreciate your time.

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I created imou account at Imou login. Downloaded IMOU from play store on phone. I tried to add device many times but failed. At this time, I had A46 on, and ethernet not connected. The greenlight comes on and kinds of goes dim and brighter. IMOU asks me to scan qr , then asks me to put WiFi password. But then it says operation failed.

I tried "wired connect". Connected ethernet wire to A46. The light becomes blue on A46. IMOU asks me scan QR, then there is a cukoo sound, IMOU says configuration failed.

I downloaded easyviewer light on phone. I added camera and I can see video. (A46 is connected via ethernet) But there is no way to configure WiFi on A46 via easyviewer.

I tried one more thing. I am accessing VNR via browser. I searched A46 in my 5216 NVR. NVR found it. I added the camera in NVR. ( The preview is not showing the video from A46. Also in Image->Registration, I can see A46 status as green. Also when I click on 'e' sign, browser says page not found.

On the same laptop, I tried adding A46 (A46 is connected via ethernet) to Smart pSS. I was able to add A46. I can see video in preview. But there is no way to configure WiFi on A46.

Anything else I should try before I return this?

Also where do I get "Dahua Config Tool?"?

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I downloaded Config tool 4.09 from the link ConfigTool - Dahua Wiki as TonyR suggested. Config tool can see the camera. I am able to see video, change codec, profile etc. But config tool does not provide any setting to change WiFi config of the camera?

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I reseted the cam a couple of times and finally was able to get wireless configured using easyviewer lite. Now I am trying to record video on nvr. Nvr can see the camera but cannot see the video. gdmss can see video smartpss can see video though.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns reviewed one back in Aug. last year, Maybe he can shed some light.
Did you tried logging into to the cam directly with the Dahua Config Tool?
From the review, This cam works with:
  • SmartPss
  • Lechange App
  • Blue Iris
  • Dahua NVR
  • Dahua Configtool
  • Direct Web Interface
Each present's different options that can be adjusted in the camera. To get the best results from the cam, you will need to poke around in the settings with both the Lechange App and the Dahua ConfigTool.

But my tested cam has older firmware.

This IMOU app has lots of issue's. And it seems any of the cams that Dahua puts out under it's "consumer line" brand or dependent on the IMOU app are buggy as hell.

As I understand it, since they removed the WebGui from later firmwares than I have, this cam's usefulness went down hill.
Reset cam to factory defaults, then make sure when you try to add the cam to your wireless network with the IMOU app, that you have both your phone and the camera within a few feet from your router. Also, temporally power off any other items using your Wifi in the house. Sometimes this helps, sometimes not.

Otherwise I would try @TonyR s favorite indoor cam from Amcrest, it's a rebranded Dahua, but apparently with firmware that actually works.
I believe this is the one: https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-1920TVL-Security-Wireless-IP2M-841B/dp/B0145OQTPG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=X21HR1O10C3G&keywords=amcrest+wifi+camera&qid=1551981306&s=gateway&sprefix=Amcrest+,aps,171&sr=8-5

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.